TSN: Around the NHL reaction to Yakupov's Goal

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Love Don Cherry!!!!!
:yo:

I love that when he says something on his segment that differs from some peoples views, suddenly..." he's RACIST, BIGOT, REDNECK...":laugh:

calm your **** FFS!!! ...so he doesn't like over exuberant celebrations...that in itself does NOT make him a racist.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Love Don Cherry!!!!!

I love that when he says something on his segment that differs from some peoples views, suddenly..." he's RACIST, BIGOT, REDNECK...":laugh:

calm your **** FFS!!! ...so he doesn't like over exuberant celebrations...that in itself does NOT make him a racist.

You're right, criticizing someone for being overly exuberant doesn't make Cherry a racist; it makes him the world's biggest hypocrite:

don-cherry1.jpg

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Love Don Cherry!!!!!

He's an idiot. His comments are old and dated. Time to put the old boy out to pasture.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Well, Cherry is bang on with his comment. It doesnt help your team givign the opposition team emotional ammunition to beat you the next time you play them.

Thats said, should professionals really need that sort of thing?

My only problem with his celebration is that its all about him. There were three other oilers who had to execute to make that goal. He was just the end of the chain.

Making your team mates skate 100 feet to congradulate you for "your goal" is not a positive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad