TSN: Around the NHL reaction to Yakupov's Goal

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
lol @ Souray. It's not like Yakupov asked you to play with a sore wrist :sarcasm:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
funny thing is aside from perry and maybe selanne as he is pretty old yakupov is better and will score more goals than anyone they interviewed, better kiss his ass now so he doesnt pick you last at the all star game........if you ever make it, lol

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
If you don't like negative comments regarding Yak's celebration, for the love of god don't watch HNIC tomorrow. That old fossil Cherry looks for any excuse to dump on the Oilers and I'm sure he's salivating at the prospect of ripping on them for this.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Found it hilarious when Evander Kane started talking about the "serious" guys he talked a bit quieter

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
If you don't like negative comments regarding Yak's celebration, for the love of god don't watch HNIC tomorrow. That old fossil Cherry looks for any excuse to dump on the Oilers and I'm sure he's salivating at the prospect of ripping on them for this.

I'm just hoping since they do a double billing of Coaches Corner, he does his horrible rip on Yakupov's name (like he does with all Russians) and then Yak scores in the first period of his game and does the Selanne celebration.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm just hoping since they do a double billing of Coaches Corner, he does his horrible rip on Yakupov's name (like he does with all Russians) and then Yak scores in the first period of his game and does the Selanne celebration.

I was reading his twitter this morning and he had nothing bad to say about the Oilers. called it a character win or something like that.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Found it hilarious when Evander Kane started talking about the "serious" guys he talked a bit quieter

The guy is destined to be an Oiler ... He would love to be part of the group we have going here...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I was reading his twitter this morning and he had nothing bad to say about the Oilers. called it a character win or something like that.

He was all over the Oilers last Saturday...as usual. Every time some ex-Oiler scores a goal he goes on his usual rant about "What were they thinking getting rid of this guy, boy they could sure use him right about now"....I'm extremely sick of it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He was all over the Oilers last Saturday...as usual. Every time some ex-Oiler scores a goal he goes on his usual rant about "What were they thinking getting rid of this guy, boy they could sure use him right about now"....I'm extremely sick of it.

Indeed, I did read that. He forgot we traded Brewer for CFP.

BadMedicine*

Consensus is in EVERYONE is ok with the Celebrations,but for gods sakes please no one say Celly again,we arent that lame brained here and we arent suckers for fads here either,that word is stupid.And saying Celly is done for cachet purposes it isnt hockey-like,it is soccer-like so keep it on there PLEASSSSSSSE,it really does suck,it sounds like something a person with a soother in their hand would say--really lame man,really lame.

I LOVED Yakupovs celebration,especially because the way he ended up when he was done was exactly how Quick looked after the goal,it was priceless,and well deserved,I cant wait to see the next version of a big one,but I doubt Yakupov will do this much as that was a HUGE goal,the timing and the drama were legendary,epic,but this guy could have had 4 goals last game and will be celebrating a LOT here,so I hope he pots a few more dandys so he can show us the Deluxe version as much as possible,we need to get him into the playoffs just so we can all see more of these as I doubt his regular celebrations will be so epic.Gagners was nice as well lets not overlook that one,ha ha ha.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
What people should be talking about is the absolute rocket Yakupov unleashed earlier in the game that had the whole building ooohing and aaahing. That was just incredible!

I'm old school, and I love this kid. Great energy. He hits, and he just oozes potential in every facet of the game. I think he's got the highest ceiling of any of our elite young players, but he needs to keep his speed and energy up, not tone it down.

His "celly" was just fine. He's an emotional character, and this was an important goal that earned the team a point.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

I watch almost every single Coaches Corner every year. You almost never, ever hear Grapes say anything negative or bad about the Oilers, in fact, quite the opposite. I'll go out on a limb and say the old bugger gives him (Yak) props even.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Isn't everyone in the media saying that in this shortened season every game is basically a playoff game?

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I loved every part of that celebration and the kid damn well earned it. Whiners like Souray can just shove off. This sport is about entertainment and that is EXACTLY what Yakupov did. We need more people who take pride in their efforts and display it for their fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad