Around the NHL Pt. 4: Hockey returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Regarding the game delays: Posts that veer too political are going to be moderated. You're free to discuss the players'/league's actions and how you feel about them, but steer clear of charged language (words/phrases like "bootlicker" or "BLM terrorist"), and don't make this thread about the protests at large outside of sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paxon

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Here's a question...do you continue growing the quarantine beard, or shave it off prior to the weekend and start with a fresh playoff beard?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

This league is soooo bad at both marketing and making their product widely available, it's really quite ridiculous

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
@Buffaloed Looking at Getty Images, it doesn't look like Hutton's cage changed between last season and this season.

Last season:

look-on-buffalo-sabres-goalie-carter-hutton-during-the-buffalo-sabres-picture-id1132748015

This season:

carter-hutton-of-the-buffalo-sabres-warms-up-before-an-nhl-game-the-picture-id1200567157

carter-hutton-of-the-buffalo-sabres-loses-his-stick-after-a-puck-it-picture-id1200210952

If it were only the 3rd jersey games were an issue, you could point to the gold cage instead of the white cage maybe.

But, I think it is more of a medical issue.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
@Buffaloed Looking at Getty Images, it doesn't look like Hutton's cage changed between last season and this season.

Last season:

look-on-buffalo-sabres-goalie-carter-hutton-during-the-buffalo-sabres-picture-id1132748015

This season:

carter-hutton-of-the-buffalo-sabres-warms-up-before-an-nhl-game-the-picture-id1200567157

carter-hutton-of-the-buffalo-sabres-loses-his-stick-after-a-puck-it-picture-id1200210952

If it were only the 3rd jersey games were an issue, you could point to the gold cage instead of the white cage maybe.

But, I think it is more of a medical issue.

what’s the cage question?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
what’s the cage question?

Buffaloed was wondering if something changed with Hutton's mask from last year to this year that may have contributed to the vision issue.

I just went back over Getty Images and nothing jumped out to me other than the one mask this year having the gold cage.

He didn't appear to change masks or the cage design (he didn't switch from the two bar to a single flat bar cage, for instance).

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Boston getting smoked last night felt good. Probably won't happen when the real games start, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad