OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs - Final 4 after tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
No doubt.

I have no idea how women can say, "yeah, I wanna look like an alien hybrid being", shoot me up. It's not a good look.
It's not entirely their fault, given certain industries and their appalling obsession with superficiality and youthful looks. But that's another discussion for another time, and I probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But McDavid is better...he went further in his first playoffs then Crosby.

Am i doing it right?

Didn't Letestu produce more than him in the playoffs? And Draisaitl cemented himself as a playoff monster.

McDavid is the leader in awkward pictures with Filipino's.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At least they have that going for them...

Side note, Getzlaf finally shaved his head. Looks much better then trying to hold onto what little hair he had left.

He's shaved his head for a while now (as a balding man myself from years of ice hockey as a kid and football, dem helmets amirite?) as I recall him last year having the bald head too without the cul-d-sac.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
He's shaved his head for a while now (as a balding man myself from years of ice hockey as a kid and football, dem helmets amirite?) as I recall him last year having the bald head too without the cul-d-sac.

I've just started to lose hair directly at where I would part my hair down the middle as a kid.. I'm 33 and have always had a full head of hair and it's scaring the **** outta me. lol

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
the oilers and leafs are going to be the power houses of the league very soon...

They could, or they could be a team that just makes the playoffs in consecutive years, which I guess is also a massive win for them at this point in their rebuilds.

Good luck to the Oilers signing Leon Draisaitl, that kid is in for a massive...massive raise. Then you have McDavid now in the year where they can negotiate an extension and even that is going to be interesting because both are going to want market value.

Stamkos is a 8.5m cap hit.
Benn is 9.5m
Crosby 8.7m
Malkin 9.5m
Ovechkin is 9.5m

McDavid probably falls in the 9-10m/yr range.
Draisaitl is easily in the 7.5-8.5m/yr range.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've just started to lose hair directly at where I would part my hair down the middle as a kid.. I'm 33 and have always had a full head of hair and it's scaring the **** outta me. lol

I hated it at first, but when I talked to my Doctor when I was balding in my early 20's (Imagine being 23 and going bald, I wanted to cry!), he said the helmets from sports might have played a tiny part in it, but when we did tests, it was because I had high testosterone levels (still do) which leads to baldness. Literally no one in my family is bald. I have a scar on my hair line (my fiancee digs it) and a few other scars but overall my head shape is normal like Getzlaf, so it looks fine. I mean I save a ton with not buying shampoo, conditioner and getting haircuts, lol. I learned how to use a straight blade in my teens so I don't even spend money on blades really.

But yeah, a ton of hockey players bald, seems normal I guess. Could be because of both reasons too, high testosterone or hereditary reasons or helmets.

Come to think of it, I am rocking the Getzlaf I guess...I got my playoff beard going too, but more gray in it, or as my friends call me "Greybush"...it's very Scott Niedermayer during the Ducks run, just the middle being white though. I'm old, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad