Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think it’s just in his head. He’ll do better at a new team from the start with a pre season but he’ll be leaving some money on the table (probably not that much though). Anyone after a 2C will be looking at him.

giphy.gif

It has to be beyond that. It’s not like he’s snake bitten he just has no compete at all.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It has to be beyond that. It’s not like he’s snake bitten he just has no compete at all.

Maybe the groin still limits him but I didn’t really notice it in regards to skating. Seemed psychological but going to Florida and then quickly to Colorado doesn’t help. A new start with a full preseason should help.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Maybe the groin still limits him but I didn’t really notice it in regards to skating. Seemed psychological but going to Florida and then quickly to Colorado doesn’t help. A new start with a full preseason should help.

He just looked like me at work sometimes..couldn't be a**ed to give any cares.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
He just looked like me at work sometimes..couldn't be a**ed to give any cares.

He sounded like that from the preseason interviews and his time here this season as well. Last year he was good and then obviously neutered with the groin before playoffs.

Reactions: EightyOne

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Had the Philly feed, what a bunch of whiny little *****es
Seriously. I watch many other teams' games since I have Center Ice and I have never seen a broadcast that whines so much about non-calls or bad calls (like the one today where the Isles guy high-sticked his own guy and the Flyers were called for 4 minutes) every game. Their PBP guy whines about it and then they devote a segment to it during intermission. They act like they're the only team that gets screwed by the refs. I was half listening, but Bill Clement sounded like he was in favor of review for penalties like the high-sticking call.

Reactions: Clare2904

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
He sounded like that from the preseason interviews and his time here this season as well. Last year he was good and then obviously neutered with the groin before playoffs.

They are all human, too.

He ended up on four teams in between 12-13 and 17-18 (CBJ, NYR, OTT, PIT...and two more teams this year alone).

It seems like JR never really cleared if he would be okay with third line duties in PIT.

It's at least plausible he just hated the game and life, right?

I hope he can rebound as a player in the league.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
They are all human, too.

He ended up on four teams in between 12-13 and 17-18 (CBJ, NYR, OTT, PIT...and two more teams this year alone).

It seems like JR never really cleared if he would be okay with third line duties in PIT.

It's at least plausible he just hated the game and life, right?

I hope he can rebound as a player in the league.

For sure. I imagine he’ll still get a decent deal to play 2C somewhere.

Reactions: EightyOne

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I really dunno, on Brassard....
I remember he even went to LA to work on his speed to be ready for Pens camp.
I do think the biggest thing is that he was a bad fit.
He can do things like Bjugs does(ie. win draws) but getting him to play as good of a 2-way game...thats another story. He's simply a soft player.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
18 year old having a pretty awesome season. Played the 2nd most minutes of the Buffalo skaters.

The only guy ahead of him also had the benefit of being a rookie during the ridiculously high scoring 1980's.

Dahlin just looks so composed back there. He'll make some defensive gaffes, but that's more so him learning to play at the NHL level. His smarts and his ability with the puck are very apparent.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Had the Philly feed, what a bunch of whiny little *****es

To be fair, they got HOSED, on some calls.

Is it just me or Hawks Debrincat(?) looks like a young Jagr on this pic? Weird.
cut.jpg

Speaking of Jagr. He's still playing. Him and Plekanec are doing well for Kladno in the play-offs there. He has 5 points in 8 play-offs games, 2 goals and 3 assists. He only played 4 games in the regular season as he was out since last season with a back-injury.

47 and still going strong.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Preds have looked pretty average for quite some time now, Rinne spent all his magic against the Pens for once and was destroyed by the Jets. The Blues are rolling again but who knows if they might not choke in the playoffs once again. The Oilers losing to Ottawa after it seemed that they might have one final small chance to push for the playoffs is just so Oilers.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Damn... that is the must-see round 1 matchup short of us getting Washington.

Leafs - Bruins promises to be an amazing matchup too... if the Leafs can improve their defence a bit. I hope the games are not on the same days as the Pens games.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
The only guy ahead of him also had the benefit of being a rookie during the ridiculously high scoring 1980's.

Dahlin just looks so composed back there. He'll make some defensive gaffes, but that's more so him learning to play at the NHL level. His smarts and his ability with the puck are very apparent.
Very small sample here but i watched part of the Habs/Buff game yesterday and i saw a couple very soft, way too slow passes from Dahlin and a super soft useless check. Yeah, for a 18yo he does look composed, maybe too relax at times but again, very small sample here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad