Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
So Islanders win and it looks like BJ/Flyers game will be a 3 pointer. Which I assume the Blue Jackets would then win.

Bad night for the Penguins it looks like.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Flyers Jackets OT, OF COURSE both our enemies get points... pens now in 9th seed.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Back out of the playoff picture. What a roller coaster this has been/will be.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Add Brad Richardson to the list of players with more 4 goal games than Crosby or Malkin

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, but the penguins have to win. plus pens habs game saturday night. oh boy.

Almost prefer those kinds of games since the Pens seem to play best when it counts.

Nobody said it's gonna be easy to get in.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Almost prefer those kinds of games since the Pens seem to play best when it counts.

Nobody said it's gonna be easy to get in.
But thats a shame they want to play so hard in the last 2 months instead of having a semi easy go at it. So if they do make it they have an even more difficult time.
But yes, this is the time of year to get hot, injuries withstanding, get hot now and roll through till june or as long as they can.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Looked up hat trick trends of the last 20 years....pretty consistent between 60-80ish. A few outliers. Was kinda surprised, it seemed like they used to be much more rare before the lockout(s) but meh, not really. I really thought this year was a lot more than usual before looking at the data.

There is a boost for sure. And this year is trending really high--at 72 already, highest on list is 93 back in 2000 (139 in 81-82 is record).

Untitled.png

thanks to hockey-reference.com for the numbers

Last edited:

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Just watched the islanders vs leafs game. Love the passion from the fans, but also feel bad for Tavares. As much as I dislike him, that’s rough for anybody and think it may take a while to recover.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
saw the islanders beat up the leafs last night in person. obviously some key injuries, but hard to understate how unready for playoff style hockey the leafs looked. the isles by comparison have guys up and down the lineup that are a nightmare to play against.

Reactions: Thrasymachus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad