Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’ll put on a little with a big pre season. He’s fast, skilled and a really good skater too. He’ll do just fine in this league.

Jake put on 10 pounds this year it was reported so he’s likely heavier than what the web says.

Jake has a couple plays where he was holding his own in terms of stick strength against the Blues D which IMO is the heaviest in the league.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Dude screams like a John Slaney type to me.

He's small.
He's skinnier than Jake.

John Slaney?!
I always loved that guy. He seemed like such a Gonchar lite player to me I can't believe he never really got time in the NHL. Not only did he go to nemesis flyers squad after his time in Pitt/WBS... he rarely got NHL time there too.

Guy was a solid player. Incredible he got treated like he did.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
As do I.

Neither of us is from "here."

Yeah. I'm born in pa and I lived in DC for a few years. Before I had time to find pirate streams and was too busy working I was subjected to all capital games unless the penguins were nation cast.

I donno, you kinda follow where you live, no? I went to many capitals games, love the atmosphere there, never cheered for one capitals goal though. I lived like a 5 minute metro line from the arena so I went to a bunch of games.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah. I'm born in pa and I lived in DC for a few years. Before I had time to find pirate streams and was too busy working I was subjected to all capital games unless the penguins were nation cast.

I donno, you kinda follow where you live, no? I went to many capitals games, love the atmosphere there, never cheered for one capitals goal though. I lived like a 5 minute metro line from the arena so I went to a bunch of games.

Nah, I have absolutely zero allegiance to any of the local teams here. Most of their fans are smarmy idiots. The Whitecaps fans are kind of nice I guess? Mostly because a lot of them are older. But their fake football team and their hockey team fans are idiots.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Caps/Bolts game did not disappoint. These two teams absolutely hate each other.

I’ve honestly thought for awhile that we’re going to see another ECF between these two teams again this year...

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Leafs are an embarrassment right now. They remind me of the Pens heading into the playoffs that year against the Flyers. Absolutely no attention to the defensive side of the game.

I’ve honestly thought for awhile that we’re going to see another ECF between these two teams again this year...

It's possible. Tampa is clearly the best team in the Atlantic, and the Caps or Pens would be my pick from the Metro.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We’ll see...they haven’t played consistently enough for my liking and I include the goaltending in that, but who knows shen the POs start...

We are really consistent the last 5 weeks getting 70% of our points. That equals 116 points over a season. It’s good form leading into the playoffs. Murray’s SV% over that period is .924 so he’s also in good form.

Reactions: Turin and BHD

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Whenever i see the NYI lineup i'm so amazed how this team is ever able to win a game.

If your ranking the NHL rosters on talent they would hav to be one of the worst rosters in the NHL.

Eberle, Barzal, Lee, Bailey, Nelson and Beauvillier is a solid top six.

Their D is actually pretty good too with Boychuk, Leddy and Pulock/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad