Around the NHL: Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
um..... Who TF is Troy Terry and where did he come from?

Praying that's our Berard.

Troy Terry has always been a highly touted prospect. In the 2017 WJC he helped the US defeat Russia in the semifinals in a shootout by taking 3 of the shot attempts and scoring on all 3, a la TJ Oshie in the 2014 Olympics.

Then in the gold medal game he scored the only shootout goal against Carter Hart:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
IMG_2181.jpeg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I hope the NHL doesn't go to the Olympics. Not a big fan on closing the league for more than three weeks so the players can travel to China.

How would that work? Do they schedule the games into the 3 week break?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
No, I'm talking about regular games. If they dont go, there's still a 3week break? Kinda dumb

Just move Hockey to the Summer Olympics... problem solved :D
Oh, yea that’s pretty much what happens at this point. I’m sure they wouldnt pull that card though unless there are A LOT of games that get postponed which i doubt happens.

Maybe they try to throw in a last minute all star game too? :dunno:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Raymond is a stud. Detroit's top line is buzzin

Islanders are not nearly as good as I thought they'd be... They play their game but their defense is meh. A lot of it falls on the hope Dobson is a stud. Big and slow defense... not a threat on offense.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Raymond is a stud. Detroit's top line is buzzin

Islanders are not nearly as good as I thought they'd be... They play their game but their defense is meh. A lot of it falls on the hope Dobson is a stud. Big and slow defense... not a threat on offense.

The Raymond-Larkin-Bertuzzi line is fast, completely different level of forecheck than what any line of the Rangers can achieve. Both teams can skate. Speed is the new thing clearly. I know teams have talked about team speed for a while, but it can be observed in action in a few teams this season.

The Islanders struggled last season too, it was only in the playoffs when the rules "changed" in the Isles favor that they came to life.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Killorn gets hit hard and without hesitation Cirelli drops the gloves and starts throwing...

Getting 17minutes of Penalty time is beyond dumb. Get rid of the misconduct. It makes no sense

The team rallies on this type of shit... can't be scared and go in with the mindset 'we can't give them a PP'

Reactions: Tob

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The Raymond-Larkin-Bertuzzi line is fast, completely different level of forecheck than what any line of the Rangers can achieve. Both teams can skate. Speed is the new thing clearly. I know teams have talked about team speed for a while, but it can be observed in action in a few teams this season.

The Islanders struggled last season too, it was only in the playoffs when the rules "changed" in the Isles favor that they came to life.
I dont even see how they make the playoffs with how stacked the Metro is.

they are built for playoffs but they have to make it 1st before they start legally interfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad