Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Wow. Twinsies until the end. I still remember the day those contracts were signed. Was very happy to see Parise leaving NJ.
The dead cap they will have is stunning. These moves(the original signings) are going to haunt them for a lonnnnnnng time!

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Dead Money (x2 / below per player):
Year 1: 2.3M
Year 2: 6.3M
Year 3: 7.3M
Year 4: 7.3M
Year 5-8(!): 833k

Years 2-4 is bonkers

I'd be happy to give Suter whatever he wants for a 2 year contract. Doubt he personally has any interest in the NYC market. With Keith gone, and Suter living in Wisconsin, Chicago is probably an easy fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Paraise and Suter to Isles lol.

Getting paid a ton, Lou and have already played together

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
where are they getting the cap space?

Pelech, Beaulivier and Sorokin are RFAs

with those two already getting paid a ton, will they command much from the Isles? I can see Lou shipping out dollars and bringing these two in

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
with those two already getting paid a ton, will they command much from the Isles? I can see Lou shipping out dollars and bringing these two in

Who is he shipping out though?

Even if they lose Leddy in expansion, the 12 or so million they'll have to spend will be eaten up by those 3. If Mayfield's cheap shotting, obstruction abusing idioic ass is taken instead, they will need to clear bodies just to keep them.

I can see Parise possibly slipping in there as he'll be the cheaper of the 2 and has a relationship with Lou. Suter will get paid more than the Isles can afford and all things equal (as much as I'd love to have him), I don't think he comes out East.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Who is he shipping out though?

Even if they lose Leddy in expansion, the 12 or so million they'll have to spend will be eaten up by those 3. If Mayfield's cheap shotting, obstruction abusing idioic ass is taken instead, they will need to clear bodies just to keep them.

I can see Parise possibly slipping in there as he'll be the cheaper of the 2 and has a relationship with Lou. Suter will get paid more than the Isles can afford and all things equal (as much as I'd love to have him), I don't think he comes out East.

Why? They’re already getting paid by their previous teams and have collected north of $100 million. If you want a shot at the Cup, sign for less while collecting more. Don’t want a shot at the Cup, then sign elsewhere for more.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Suter would be a great fit if we didn’t have Zac Jones. I can’t see any significant cap space going anywhere but C and bottom 6.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Crazy how little playoff success they had with a guy like Suter on the back end.
Those players kept them just good enough to be mediocre. They never acquired the high end talent via the draft that you need to win in this league. The rest of those teams were very middling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad