#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rad.

CBJ

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hate to say this seeing Flyers are right up there with the Islanders as my most hated team but facts are facts, the AV factor is firmly in play which it always is his first year on the job and the Flyers look like a team that can absolutely make a long playoff run.

They actually kind of remind me a bit of the Rangers circa 2015 which made it to the ECF before we lost to the Lightning which still stings to this day. They have a goaltender finally after decades of looking for one in Carter Hart. Kevin Hayes has helped balance their lines and he's been huge for them lately. And they have a nice defensive corps.

Bottom line is I would not want to have to play them in the playoffs especially if they have home ice advantage. And now they are starting to win on the road. It sucks believe me to say it but the friggen Flyers are going to be very very dangerous come playoff time.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Flyers can definitely withstand the JVR injury more than the Rangers can with Kreider. They have the deeper team. But it shows injuries happen, unlucky ones.

Crazy Calgary came back. CBJ still gets a point.

Rangers need to win tomorrow to keep their season alive

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Flyers can definitely withstand the JVR injury more than the Rangers can with Kreider. They have the deeper team. But it shows injuries happen, unlucky ones.

Crazy Calgary came back. CBJ still gets a point.

Rangers need to win tomorrow to keep their season alive

Well at least we play a Caps team that just played an intense hard hitting game tonight vs Flyers while we rested.

Gotta take advantage of it as agreed, a loss tomorrow and it really could be sayanora to any realistic playoff hopes.

I said same thing other night before Blues game but the Islanders lost which kept us somewhat alive. Tonight's comeback by Flames was pretty big keeping Jackets from getting the two points.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not suprisingly MacKinnon putting on an absolute show in OT making Duck players jock straps fall off while he skates and dekes by them.

He has to be the fastest player in the league when he has the puck. Well maybe McDavid but no one else even comes close to MacKinnon as far as speed with the puck...he's incredible!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not suprisingly MacKinnon putting on an absolute show in OT making Duck players jock straps fall off while he skates and dekes by them.

He has to be the fastest player in the league when he has the puck. Well maybe McDavid but no one else even comes close to MacKinnon as far as speed with the puck...he's incredible!
yeah but he (and the Avs in general) are strangely horrible at 3 on 3 OT.

Reactions: Maximus

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
No more is more stressed in the NHL than Chayka for the next 5 weeks. Doubt Hall is re-signing in Arizona.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
No more is more stressed in the NHL than Chayka for the next 5 weeks. Doubt Hall is re-signing in Arizona.
i think they're going to blow him out of the water and re-sign him or else he gets fired. optics are so bad otherwise

Reactions: Tob

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think it was zero chance he re-signed there when he was traded there. Now, even less if that's possible. Hall will want that FA ass kissing.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Hate to say this seeing Flyers are right up there with the Islanders as my most hated team but facts are facts, the AV factor is firmly in play which it always is his first year on the job and the Flyers look like a team that can absolutely make a long playoff run.

They actually kind of remind me a bit of the Rangers circa 2015 which made it to the ECF before we lost to the Lightning which still stings to this day. They have a goaltender finally after decades of looking for one in Carter Hart. Kevin Hayes has helped balance their lines and he's been huge for them lately. And they have a nice defensive corps.

Bottom line is I would not want to have to play them in the playoffs especially if they have home ice advantage. And now they are starting to win on the road. It sucks believe me to say it but the friggen Flyers are going to be very very dangerous come playoff time.

Hey Maximus, you add at least one new dangerous team per week. With 5 weeks left before the playoffs, we might get up 8 or more teams to beat.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hey Maximus, you add at least one new dangerous team per week. With 5 weeks left before the playoffs, we might get up 8 or more teams to beat.

8...huh? Hmmm...let me see.

I got Bruins and/or Lightning making out of the East tho no Stamkos gives me some pause on Tampa going further. I like Flyers to make some noise and the others are either one and done or maybe they win a round

So that’s 3 of your 8 in the East.

Out West I got either the Blues and/or the Avalanche getting out of the West with Colorado likely all healthy by playoff time being my choice to face Bruins or Tampa. I kinda like Vancouver to make some noise and possibly win a round or two and spoil someone’s season.

So that’s 3 more. I got 6 to your 8 tho if you give me a week or two forget 8, I might get to 10 dangerous teams on my hit list...lol

Reactions: leetch99 and nyrage

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
8...huh? Hmmm...let me see.

I got Bruins and/or Lightning making out of the East tho no Stamkos gives me some pause on Tampa going further. I like Flyers to make some noise and the others are either one and done or maybe they win a round

So that’s 3 of your 8 in the East.

Out West I got either the Blues and/or the Avalanche getting out of the West with Colorado likely all healthy by playoff time being my choice to face Bruins or Tampa. I kinda like Vancouver to make some noise and possibly win a round or two and spoil someone’s season.

So that’s 3 more. I got 6 to your 8 tho if you give me a week or two forget 8, I might get to 10 dangerous teams on my hit list...lol

Ha. At least you walked back on TB after you practically gave them the Cup a couple of weeks ago (and me agita since I hate them). Just don't put the Islanders on your list. After this rough week, my heart has sunk and I'm starting to think about the Jets free agency and draft. At least Shesty looks like he will be returning soon.

Reactions: Maximus

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rakell with a sick snipe to win it for Ducks with 1 second left....wow!!

Ducks are missing their entire Top 4 D, and were able to still get a win against a dangerous Avs team. Ryan Miller had a very solid game. He is now 8-6-3 this season on a bottom 5 team. Crazy.

Reactions: Devonator

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
At what point do we start really rooting for the Panthers, Blue Jackets and Isles (barf) to win so that Carolina and Toronto miss the PO's?
I've been rooting for the Jackets and Panthers all along. I guess if we don't make it I have to root for Islanders as well for the good of the team. Feel that if we aren't good enough to play better down the stretch than the Panthers and Jackets then we don't deserve to make the playoffs. The team we have to jump when all is said and done is Carolina. In the end if we don't make it then you obviously want teams like the Jackets and Panthers finishing ahead of us (our pick becomes a bit better).
Hey I would even root hard for teams in the west like Minnesota, Nashville (yuck), Calgary, Jets and Coyotes just in case we miss playoffs and some of those teams miss as well. We want them to have more points than us.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It’s very unlikely that Toronto misses.
Have to agree. The Panthers just have no life. My guess is that the Panthers have to go around 10-6? 11-5? Not sure they can do that. It's hard to believe they are even worse than last year with the way they are playing down the stretch even with a playoffs spot just points away...AND with a HOF coach. Embarrassing

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I gotta be honest with you, I knew Barnaby back in the day, and I’ve interacted with him recently. Something inside him has changed.

As someone whose worked with him, and is well aware of the toll of the style he played, I’d by lying if I said I wasn’t at least somewhat concerned about his health.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad