Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not even worried about Columbus at this point. They’re free falling.
Exactly we only have one team to worry about and that’s Carolina. In fact call me crazy would rather have jackets and Florida stay close in case we fall out of race and get a better pick around 12ish

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
This was the turning point of this season. It was a good run but this week will end any playoff hopes. I don’t see the Rangers beating the Blues or the Caps. They’ll lose both and win against the Devils. By then they will probably be 8-10 points back again and there isn’t enough time to make up that gap. Teams chasing the Wild Card spots always take it up a notch at this point in the season.

Without Kreider and Shesterkin this team looks like they are playing scared. Zibanejad is the lone bright spot right now. Even Panarin doesn’t seem like himself these last couple games even though he’s still putting up points. Way more turnovers and issues handling the puck. I hope I’m wrong but I think it’s obvious what’s going to happen going forward.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Jesus Christ Vancouver. Up 3-1 with 6 minutes and change left in the game and end up losing 5-3. That’s god awful.

As far as CBJ goes, we’re 4 points back with 2 games in hand and the tie breaker. Still we can’t let ourselves fall any further behind the pack.

Damn Flyers home and home and injuries and super condensed schedule all had to come at the worst time.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Columbus does so much with so little and they find so many players with their middle picks.

Praying that we can do the same over the next few seasons. We need our 2nd-4th rounders to contribute when Zibanejad gets his next deal and others have to be moved.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It sucks but give Columbus credit for pulling it out, damn. We need to win at least one of the next two against the Blues and Caps. Lets face it. It's going to be tough to make it in with Kreider and Shesty out.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This was the turning point of this season. It was a good run but this week will end any playoff hopes. I don’t see the Rangers beating the Blues or the Caps. They’ll lose both and win against the Devils. By then they will probably be 8-10 points back again and there isn’t enough time to make up that gap. Teams chasing the Wild Card spots always take it up a notch at this point in the season.

Without Kreider and Shesterkin this team looks like they are playing scared. Zibanejad is the lone bright spot right now. Even Panarin doesn’t seem like himself these last couple games even though he’s still putting up points. Way more turnovers and issues handling the puck. I hope I’m wrong but I think it’s obvious what’s going to happen going forward.

so they’re going to drop 10 pts by going 1-2 over the next 3 games? Lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Wow 3 Columbus goals in 5 mins. Disaster of a day

Why wait till Vegas awards night in late June, Bettman should just announce that Torts has won the Jack Adams award as coach of the year and that he's being put on the HOF ballot now rather than later as well...lol

Seriously, the job he's done in Columbus this particular year with all their huge injuries to key guys and other crap they've had to deal with, in mind is one of the greater coaching jobs we've seen in decades.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I hate to agree with you but I do. We really couldn't afford to get swept by the Flyers but we did. We needed the Jackets to lose to the Canucks and tho it looked for a long time like they would...they didn't

It's very odd for me at least because of course I wanted the Rangers to make the playoffs and I was estactic that they even got themselves in the position to be even sniffing a playoff berth.

But in back of my mind I was always wondering is this simply a mirage and/or just a tease from the hockey gods as their apt to do to us Ranger fans over the years to give us hope and than swipe the rug from under our feet and dash our hopes.

Well you just knew with the accident involving Igor and Buch followed by the injury to Kreider right before the two most important games of the year vs the Flyers, things just seemed fishy and smelly as if "yup...time for Ranger fans to get back to reality" and things wouldn't go down like we all hoped.

It didn't obviously and so yeah now we have to deal with an ornery Caps team and a Blues team that is looking to get on track again and yeah,we'll be lucky to even win one of those games. Even the Devils are not going to be an easy mark as they have been playing alot better the past 3 weeks.

So I think I'm going to go back to my original thinking that I had before the season. If the Rangers can play important games in the month of March, that would be as good as it really could get for as young a team as we are as it would give great experience for the kids and it would be good for some of the vets who haven't played in too many important games in the past few years.

Listen, as dissapointed as some of my brothers in here might be, this season has been a HUGE success no matter how you slice and dice it. The rebuild has been a massive success as well and it's not over either. We are about a year ahead of where the trajectory of the rebuild looked like we were going to be.

Next year will be the first year that we will all be expecting a playoff run. And I have complete confidence it will happen. In the meantime, let's enjoy what we got going here and see if our boys can hang around the playoff periphery despite some of the recent obstacles we now face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->