Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
haha man we were posting pretty much the same post. I hope JG builds the Rangers opposite of how Dubas and Chayka are building their respective teams.

we've been on the same page in the around the league thread for a few seasons now.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The f***ing Los Angeles Kings will most likely be another road block on our path to the cup in 2023/24.
If Vilardi pans out their forward prospect depth could be the best in hockey

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tough night on scoreboard but almost wanna cut my nose to spite my face and see the Panthers win and push Leafs out.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Seriously. The amount of promising forward prospects they have is absurd.
yes and i'm sure they will all pan out. Also, do they have any defensive prospects? Cal Peterson looks pretty meh to me also.

Also, aside from Kopitar and Doughty they have zero quality players on their roster, and neither will be a part of the future core. They are a long, long way away.

They have graduated none of their prospects yet until Vilardi tonight, and as I mentioned earlier, prospect hype is at its peak when the prospect is lighting up juniors and not in the NHL yet. Rangers graduated a bunch of guys so we dropped in rankings, but we also have elite veteran players on the roster who are still young enough to be a part of the future. The Kings have none of that. Shiny new toy syndrome at its finest.

In conclusion, f*** the Kings.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
yes and i'm sure they will all pan out. Also, do they have any defensive prospects? Cal Peterson looks pretty meh to me also.

Also, aside from Kopitar and Doughty they have zero quality players on their roster, and neither will be a part of the future core. They are a long, long way away.

They have graduated none of their prospects yet until Vilardi tonight, and as I mentioned earlier, prospect hype is at its peak when the prospect is lighting up juniors and not in the NHL yet. Rangers graduated a bunch of guys so we dropped in rankings, but we also have elite veteran players on the roster who are still young enough to be a part of the future. The Kings have none of that. Shiny new toy syndrome at its finest.
They won't all pan out, but that doesn't mean they did a bad job of accumulating all these talented players. I think they had like 6-7 prospects that made Pronman's top prospects lists. And then a bunch of them excelled in the World Juniors. They're gonna get a top 4 pick as well and have three 2nd rounders already this year.

They did this a decade ago too when they built their prospect system. A lot of them like Moller, Vey, Schenn, Loktionov, etc didn't pan out but it was enough for them to make key trades to secure two championships.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They won't all pan out, but that doesn't mean they did a bad job of accumulating all these talented players. I think they had like 6-7 prospects that made Pronman's top prospects lists. And then a bunch of them excelled in the World Juniors. They're gonna get a top 4 pick as well and have three 2nd rounders already this year.

They did this a decade ago too when they built their prospect system. A lot of them like Moller, Vey, Schenn, Loktionov, etc didn't pan out but it was enough for them to make key trades to secure two championships.

I will say that unlike the Rangers, they make the most of their 2nd round picks, as far as value goes. Taking 1st round talents that fell. Still, none of their guys, even Turcotte, are a sure thing, and their current roster is a wasteland. If they land Lafreniere or Byfield, that could change.

Reactions: Cassano

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Torts has been in the league for 20 years. You'd think management in Florida would know about his reputation for a stellar defense first, make it real easy for the goalie type defense having been the coach of 3 Vezina winners in the 2010 decade of which he missed time as a HC.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Mark Stone is literally a god.

stonema92

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
After the 3 pt result in the Philly/Columbus game, Florida loses in regulation to the Kings.

4 pts back, 2 games in hand. Columbus, 7 back 3 in hand. Two teams that could be caught. Islanders are a sinking ship at the moment.

It won't be easy, but it's still there for anyone to take.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
F*ckin' Gabe Vilardi lookin' good. That knife twists a little more if he keeps that up. Doesn't he break a lot though? I dunno. F*ck.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Injury prone af but would’ve been a lot happier with that pick at the time than Lias

He still hasn't done anything in the NHL since like yesterday , so we'll see what time says. Whole situation is f*ckin' whack. I guess something had to go terribly wrong with the rebuild and I'm glad it's just really been that so far.

Taking it all as a win so far.

F*ck Vilardi & F*ck the entire LA organization though.

Reactions: BreadmanGetsPaid

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Jesper Fast is the exact type of player the Toronto Maple Leafs need to add hard work and culture to their locker room. 50% retained for a low low price of a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: Rongomania

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
How about Foligno's visor shattering in half? That was something... new.

AZ had no legs last night.

And, of course CLB/PHI is a three point game. Of course.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One game does not a career make. Vilardi does have a very good shot at cementing a spot on a pretty weak Los Angeles team. I don't suspect that Andersson is done though either. I would bet he'll get another chance with another NHL team and there's decent probability that he'll be better his second time around. I don't see him becoming a top 6 NHL forward though. He's kind of a Namestnikov type who needs to work some more on his skating. We swung a bit with Andersson and missed---shit happens and best to move on. The Rangers are in a far better position for the future than the Kings are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad