Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll be honest as much of a headcase as Georgiev is he can look passible for stretches of games and Colorado is playing in a way that I don't think he matters. If I'm looking at every team in the league left no matter the series the Avs score me more than anyone. I have a feeling we're in the middle of their Blackhawks-like dynasty.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
ESPN had a stat that in the NHL, the team that wins game 1 in a best of 7 series wins 68% of the time.

If each team had a 50% chance of winning each game, you would expect the team that wins game 1 to win 65.625% of the time. Or, working backwards, if the team that wins game 1 wins 68% of the time and the odds in each game are equal, the team that wins game 1 should "expect" to win each game 50.4% of the time.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
ESPN had a stat that in the NHL, the team that wins game 1 in a best of 7 series wins 68% of the time.

If each team had a 50% chance of winning each game, you would expect the team that wins game 1 to win 65.625% of the time. Or, working backwards, if the team that wins game 1 wins 68% of the time and the odds in each game are equal, the team that wins game 1 should "expect" to win each game 50.4% of the time.
spongebob-patrick.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad