Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I mean that was a putrid performance both on ice and by Roy. Might be the first big red flag if I am an Isles fan with Roy. Totally content clamping down. Got torched.

I do. They also should have lost both of those games tbh but it was the Islanders. It would be a good series but we can absolutely beat them.
Gabe is letting the fact that the final 40 mins the Isles agreed to let Carolina violate them with ZERO pushback.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
what's Vegas' cap at this post season? Is it even higher than last years?
Screenshot_20240423_124620_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: ArPanet and gabevh3

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Seriously what is the logic/rational reason behind the cap just going away when the games start to count? It doesn’t make sense.

Canes tie it. Wouldn’t mind an Islander winner in 4OT.

Or that. Yikes.
I might be wrong but I read today that Vegas 20 man lineup last year was cap compliant and their lineup this year is 700k over

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Canes had like 100 shot attempts and 2 goals with 2 minutes to go. The Canes were just being the Canes and then the Piles decided to be the Piles and allowed 3 goals in 80 seconds. Just awful.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Please be advised that the League intends to closely scrutinize any such transactions, particularly where: (1) the acquiring Club does not intend to (and/or does not) retain sufficient Payroll Room to activate and place any such injured Player(s) on its Active Roster prior to the conclusion of the Regular Season; and (2) the acquiring Club intends to seek (and/or subsequently seeks) to activate any such Player(s) during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. To the extent such scrutiny, and the results of any investigation (if deemed necessary), determines the opinion of the League Office that such transaction constitutes a circumvention of the CBA, the League would intend to pursue appropriate penalties and/or remedies as are set forth in CBA Article 26.”

…and so it goes.

Reactions: gabevh3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad