Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think Jake Oettinger exhausted all of his talent in that one series against Calgary.
one of the most overrated players in recent memory. Any idiot can have a hot series (which they lost anyway, btw), i've never seen a goalie crowned after such a small sample size.

what's Vegas' cap at this post season? Is it even higher than last years?
250m i believe

• Haha
Reactions: NYR94 and gabevh3

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Canes had like 100 shot attempts and 2 goals with 2 minutes to go. The Canes were just being the Canes and then the Piles decided to be the Piles and allowed 3 goals in 80 seconds. Just awful.

Carolina had 17 high danger attempts in the final 40.

Isles had 11 attempts of any kind...

That game ended exactly the way it was supposed to end.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Am I crazy for saying, after watching many of these playoff games, that no other team in these playoffs scare me?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Carolina had 17 high danger attempts in the final 40.

Isles had 11 attempts of any kind...

That game ended exactly the way it was supposed to end.
They had to pull the goalie with 2 minutes to go in order to tie the game so for 58 minutes they had 2 goals. It was the same Canes team that throws shots on goal from everywhere and doesn't score but this happened to be against the Islanders who have given up 3rd period leads all year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Don't know if it's Patrick Roy so much---it's more like Lou Lamiorello. This kind of game that the Isles are use to playing seems almost cooked into their DNA. 4 shots in the second period.....one in the third. Clog up the neutral zone and the front of your net but for that long a period against a very good team it's like playing with matches......sooner or later you end up burning your own house down. I'd rather their series go long. That's a lesson you would think they'll learn from but being down 2-0 already their backs are against the wall.

It's something for us to think about......you earn that one game of home ice advantage over your opponent by the regular season you play. Take advantage of it. The Isles came close to taking it away from the Canes but they had a shit strategy. We really need to win tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad