Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Wtf?

That’s robbery. Retaining 50%? Is there something I’m missing

Nash looking to make a splash on a scoring forward I assume. Trotz mentioned they wanted to add a star player on the offensive side a few weeks ago

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Heard the Caps and Coyotes are working on a deal to flip first round picks. Probably depends on Michkov being available at 6.
Good idea for Arizona. They're probably looking at defense with their top 10 pick and believe their guy will be there at 8.

Reactions: bobbop

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Wow I didn't even see this yesterday.. that's incredibly disappointing the Rangers couldn't get in on that Johansen deal. I wouldve gladly beat giving them a minor leaguer for a top 6 player at 50% (4 mil per) for 2 years. What a shame. Would've been phenomenal center depth, 1 of them shift over to RW. Could've filled a big hole

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Wow I didn't even see this yesterday.. that's incredibly disappointing the Rangers couldn't get in on that Johansen deal. I wouldve gladly beat giving them a minor leaguer for a top 6 player at 50% (4 mil per) for 2 years. What a shame. Would've been phenomenal center depth, 1 of them shift over to RW. Could've filled a big hole
With what money?

Is also nothing special.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I’m not sure he’s a top-6 player.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

He would still cost $4M and be the 4th best center on the team.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

IMG_6522.jpeg

For anybody wondering. Ryan Johansen is not even close to the same player he was a few years ago that most here are probably remembering. He was getting bought out of Colorado didn’t come to the table with a trade.

Does he bounce back? Maybe. Am I again bumping Chytil, Laf, or Kakko down the lineup and hoping so? Nope.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
He would still cost $4M and be the 4th best center on the team.
Sure.. its also irrelevant if you actually read what I posted. Johansen has played RW, Trocheck is good at RW.. both are 2 of the best in the league on faceoffs. Staple one next to Chytil and let them take the important faceoffs. Someone shifts to the right side.
View attachment 721150

For anybody wondering. Ryan Johansen is not even close to the same player he was a few years ago that most here are probably remembering. He was getting bought out of Colorado didn’t come to the table with a trade.

Does he bounce back? Maybe. Am I again bumping Chytil, Laf, or Kakko down the lineup and hoping so? Nope.
He's had some up and down years recently. But that question was more so answered last year when he put up another +60 point season. This year he's coming off an injury shortened season on a Nashville team where the leading scorer had 59 points. There's 2 open spots in our top 9. He's still a talented player, at 4 million its a no brainer

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Sure.. its also irrelevant if you actually read what I posted. Johansen has played RW, Trocheck is good at RW.. both are 2 of the best in the league on faceoffs. Staple one next to Chytil and let them take the important faceoffs. Someone shifts to the right side.

He's had some up and down years recently. But that question was more so answered last year when he put up another +60 point season. This year he's coming off an injury shortened season on a Nashville team where the leading scorer had 59 points. There's 2 open spots in our top 9. He's still a talented player, at 4 million its a no brainer

He has not had a good year in 5 years unless you want to count 21-22 where he scored a lot because he shot 22% (career average 11%) and had a lot of points on the PP which is not relevant since he would not be PP1 here. 18-19 is his only season since 2016 where he scored at a strong 2nd line level at 5v5. He also absolutely never shoots so he would be a terrible fit on a line with Panarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad