Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I really don't think so. If they extend Meier at 7 or 8 x 9 or 9.5 million, that's a lot of money tied up to three forwards. Plus Hamilton's contract. They need to find a way out of that one once Nemec shows he's as advertised (shoot me). They won't be able to sign their depth that made them so good this past season.

Meier is really the only player with any size in that top 6/9.

I guess theres other ways around it (use the money that would be allocated to him for lesser, but still decent players) but if they run with a lineup that small they will get killed. Can you imagine what Florida would have done to that group WITH Meier this year?

Reactions: McRanger92

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Just watched THG video on LTIR and cap circumvention.

First, I think he misses the mark on LTIR. Basically the argument is that all teams were over the cap in the playoffs so why bad? Besides that being poor logic, Vegas was over the cap by 14 f***ing million. That is egregious. There needs to be some sort of 3rd party doctor or medical staff that evaluates players on LTIR.

Second, he says why are people mad about LTIR when they use retention as well. That's also silly cause to get retention on a player you have to trade for it. You need to give up a valuable asset/s to get that perk. There is no downside/paying for LTIR. You just get it with no drawback.

Third, I think he almost touched on something I have been wondering, but I am not sure it is even legal. Might we start seeing low cap teams sign guys to 1 or 2 year deals with the agreement of trading them with retention? I am not sure if that is even allowed.

Reactions: duhmetreE

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I really don't think so. If they extend Meier at 7 or 8 x 9 or 9.5 million, that's a lot of money tied up to three forwards. Plus Hamilton's contract. They need to find a way out of that one once Nemec shows he's as advertised (shoot me). They won't be able to sign their depth that made them so good this past season.

I sure hope the Debbies extent Meier to a stupid contract and end up in cap hell.

Also glad that Nemec was picked up instead of Jiricek.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I would have traded Bratt if I were New Jersey. Meier would have been the priority... Better for us tbh. They will probably have to move on from one of Mercer or Meier.

They should be all over Gibson or Demko... Hopefully they do something stupid and give Adin Hill a fat contract

• Haha
Reactions: NjDevsRR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Meier is restricted and has arbitration rights. Gonna be interesting in terms of potential low balling shenanigans

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4409.jpeg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does a team that barely got to the 2nd round for since Doug Gilmour played end up at the top of cup odds lol

Also...a betting man might wanna put some cash on the Kings, i could see them taking a step ahead.

I’m tempted to put 100 bucks on the Ducks, lol.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Meier is really the only player with any size in that top 6/9.

I guess theres other ways around it (use the money that would be allocated to him for lesser, but still decent players) but if they run with a lineup that small they will get killed. Can you imagine what Florida would have done to that group WITH Meier this year?

Florida would do what the Rangers were doing until Game 3

Last edited:

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
What days are the races? I never seem to be able to catch them on ESPN+.

Also, I don't know if anyone here cares, but does anyone know how to get the damn Rally races in the US? I can't seem to figure it out. Probably just dumb.
Is a good site to see when the practices, quali and race are scheduled (date/time). Enter your timezone, and it will do the conversions for you. Then look on your cable/sat guide (if you have those) and look at the ESPN list of channels and the practices/quali/races are on. If you're using the app to stream, look for it there.

For example, the Canadian Grand Prix held in Montreal is this weekend.

On Friday: Free Practice 1 is at 1:30 PM EDT on ESPN2, Free Practice 2 is at 5:00 PM EDT on ESPN2.

Saturday: Free Practice 3 is at 12:30 PM EDT on ESPN2, and Qualifying is at 4:00 PM EDT on ESPN2.

The Grand Prix is on Sunday at 2:00 PM EDT on ABC. The nice thing about the Grand Prix is there are no commercials.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
How does a team that barely got to the 2nd round for since Doug Gilmour played end up at the top of cup odds lol

Also...a betting man might wanna put some cash on the Kings, i could see them taking a step ahead.
Even in 2021-22, I was saying watch out for the Kings. They're gonna be dangerous if not already.

I’m tempted to put 100 bucks on the Ducks, lol.
You have a greater chance putting one million dollars on Tong Po.

Reactions: SRHRangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad