Around The NHL: Part X – DAL-STL / COL-SJ / CBJ-BOS / CAR-NYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'll tell ya what fellas, after Panaren completes the hat trick and wins the game for Columbus tonight, I'd be more inclined to hear your arguments that we shouldn't sign him...ok?....lol....:naughty:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
8 years is insane lol

8 year contracts are only available for teams re-signing their own player.
Most Panarin could get is 7 years.

We are not in the playoffs, lucked out super hard in the lottery, and Panarin looks good tonight, so as far as the long term future of the Rangers goes..

^RangersTown™ mantra post anything slightly positive

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
All 7 games will go to OT in this series

tumblr_ljgm48RHza1qzu8geo1_400.png

Possibly...

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
On a related note, any chance in hell the Jerks beat the Philes tomorrow and put their season on the brink?

Probably not but it would so damn sweet if that did come to be. I want that fan base to be in complete misery as soon as possible....lol....:nod:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
On a related note, any chance in hell the Jerks beat the Philes tomorrow and put their season on the brink?

Probably not but it would so damn sweet if that did come to be. I want that fan base to be in complete misery as soon as possible....lol....:nod:

Idk, but the outcome of the game with be not only directly but also exponentially related to how much or how little Islander paraphernalia is worn by locals, a.k.a. the Tri-Town Elite.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Can we get a petition going to get Milbury fired? He’s so f***ing bad and he has no credibility whatsoever. He’s the worst GM in the history of the sport, and the morons of NBC keep trotting him out there. He literally brings nothing but bias to the broadcast.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah, we were absolutely not rebuilding when we traded for Nash. That's crazy. Like you said, we lost in 6 in the ECF, and almost won the Presidents, and signed Brad Richards to be our #1 the year before.

Jagr was an accelerate the rebuild move, despite us spending no assets to get him (sorry Anson). And, he got us to the playoffs year one of the acceleration. He's not as young as Panarin, but was far better, and we required less of a commitment to him.

Jagr was brought in before the great fire sale of 2004. He wasn't really an accelerate the rebuild guy, he was a Sather Special, I hope that this guy finally gets us into the playoffs guy. Slats was right, it just took Hank coming over, a lock out, and a ton of rule changes in order for it to happen. We didn't properly rebuild then because after all those years of sucking and finally getting in, the FO decided they needed to go for it now.

If we can't land one of the top centers in this draft, I don't want to dump money into Panarin. We're also missing a true bell cow on defense (Maybe thats Miller, but if it is hes a ways away from being that guy) but perhaps we can trade for that player down the line if he isn't in the system already.

If we do get one of the top centers (who are going to be 1 and done), then signing Panarin works for me. You've covered your ass enough through the draft and trades to be able to squeeze a decent 2nd option behind Zibanejad, and you're stocking up on the wings.

Kreider will return nice pieces and you'd be freed up to trade from the Buchnevich/Chytil/Andersson/Howden + others group to find that D.

Ok, how the f*** did Foligno miss that?

Reactions: Matt4776

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Jagr was brought in before the great fire sale of 2004. He wasn't really an accelerate the rebuild guy, he was a Sather Special, I hope that this guy finally gets us into the playoffs guy. Slats was right, it just took Hank coming over, a lock out, and a ton of rule changes in order for it to happen. We didn't properly rebuild then because after all those years of sucking and finally getting in, the FO decided they needed to go for it now.

If we can't land one of the top centers in this draft, I don't want to dump money into Panarin. We're also missing a true bell cow on defense (Maybe thats Miller, but if it is hes a ways away from being that guy) but perhaps we can trade for that player down the line if he isn't in the system already.

If we do get one of the top centers (who are going to be 1 and done), then signing Panarin works for me. You've covered your ass enough through the draft and trades to be able to squeeze a decent 2nd option behind Zibanejad, and you're stocking up on the wings.

Kreider will return nice pieces and you'd be freed up to trade from the Buchnevich/Chytil/Andersson/Howden + others group to find that D.

Ok, how the **** did Foligno miss that?

Damn. 10 year old me forgot he was acquired near the TDL of that year. For some reason, my memory of him starts after the lockout.

I was too young at the time to be fully die-hard into hockey media/strategy like I am now, but didn't he say something along the lines of like "we're finally getting the chance to rebuild, but while being competitive" after acquiring Jagr/those picks?

That seems pretty similar to me as signing a Panarin after trading a Zuccarello, Hayes, and likely Kreider (as many sign Panarin advocates are pushing for), nevermind trading a McDonagh/Nash.et al the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad