Around the NHL: Part VI – lol Tampa, Go Tampa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t know and hard to figure out his motives after 9-10 years with Rangers, but playing with a wonderkid like Kakko is fun for all who are involved I can imagine, but I doubt he sign here this summer @darko .
Im honest I really dont know what is going to happen for him this summer if he decide to go UFA and try the open market. I hope he continue playing NHL though for some years - too much skill to retire this early like Rick Nash, but I understand Nash in his case.

But fun to watch Zucc when he is on/hot, but right now he is far from 100% healthy so not ideal situation for him to play that serie so early after a broken arm injury. :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I respect your opinion about being loyal to players but bringing Zucc back doesn't achieve much. In fact it probably takes a spot from a young player. Say we get Kakko. I'd like to see guys like Chytil, Lias, Krava and Kakko play big roles. Those 4 with Ziba, Kreider, Howden, Strome and Buch need to play in top-9. That's 9 right there. Whoever we pick with Jets pick could be close to NHL ready.

Also not sure why Zucc would want to come here because we won't be contending any time soon.

Loyalty is the most useless and counterproductive emotion in sports.

Reactions: darko

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I'm shocked... I figured Tampa would roll through the finals easily. What's going on? geez

They got punched in the mouth and Columbus is dictating the pace and physicality of the games being played. Tampa seems to have no answers for it right now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not just in sports. My mom has had the same job for 35 years, and complains all the time how her loyalty is not rewarded. Her contract was cut from 40 to 32, to 28, to now 16 hours a week. Loyalty gets you nothing in life.

Bingo. Always have to look after no1.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa just proves we unloaded McDonagh, Girardi, Miller, and Callahan at the right times.

Some of those guys are not really the issue though. They have come up big in certain spots like last years ECF.

The issue is guys like Stamkos, Point, and Kucherov going ice cold when it matters the most and Cooper not adjusting his system. Want to here something crazy? Cally has double the amount of points (including a GW goal), than all three of those players combined in their last 6 playoff games. It’s unreal.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My mom has criticized me for "job-hopping" but it worked out well for my career.

Old school mentality. My parents thought I was weird for jumping jobs for better pay and better conditions early in my career. I'm settled now but 7-8 years ago the company I'm with now went through lots of changes and a bunch people either got moved on elsewhere or forced to finish up for good. It opened my eyes.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Not just in sports. My mom has had the same job for 35 years, and complains all the time how her loyalty is not rewarded. Her contract was cut from 40 to 32, to 28, to now 16 hours a week. Loyalty gets you nothing in life.

Loyalty gets you pretty far in life, just be careful who to show your loyalty to. Only show loyalty to those who show loyalty to you. Just like about anything in life, it’s all about the right balance.

Never, ever show loyalty to institutions and corporations who see you as a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

The only thing is. In real jobs people don't necessarily get worse with age. They might get better. At least till a certain point. In the NHL it's all downhill after 30.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Last 40 years:

Gretz, Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Ovechkin, (probably McDavid if he stays on the ice. Lindros likely would have been if he stayed healthy)

Bourque, Lidstrom

Hasek
That is about where I see it. Only differnece is that I include Lindros wheras you exclude him to injuries. Not sure about Lidstrom and may sway Hasek for Roy, but that is debatable.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Love/hate with Torts, he’s probably the best coach out there when you’re on the brink of competing and need a no BS coach. Once he loses the room like he did here it’s hard to watch him continue in the same fashion, it just gets old. His first 3 years in a new city are always pretty exciting and he gets those teams to perform.

Still dislike Dubinsky, but outside of him CBJ is an easy roster to root for.

Reactions: TheTakedown

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Oof, strongly disagree. Loyalty, like most positive things, gets you a lot but you can't throw it out blindly and assume you're getting a return. You give it to people who you are confident will appreciate it and return it. Many people will. Many also won't. You have to do due diligence giving it out like anything else.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If we want any hope of trading up into the top 15 or top 10 we better hope St. Louis comes thru for us. Vegas in going to the conference finals in my opinion.
If St. Louis wins I think they have the edge over Dallas or Nashville so that jets pick could be 20 or better rather than 28-31 if Winnipeg gets to the wcf

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Is is worth it? What kind of player is there to be had sub 20?

The Rangers are hot to get a second pick in the top 10. How excited they'd be in the teens is unknown.

I suspect there's a wide range of options on the table, depending on the availability of certain prospects.

But right now, the focus seems to be on a second top 10 pick.

Reactions: Siddi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad