Around the NHL: Part VI – lol Tampa, Go Tampa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
What in the flying f*** happened with Tampa? :laugh:

I went to the mall assuming they’d tear Columbus a new one. Last time I do that ever again lol.

Reactions: Ori

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What in the flying **** happened with Tampa? :laugh:

I went to the mall assuming they’d tear Columbus a new one. Last time I do that ever again lol.
you cost us pick number 31 in the 2019 nhl draft

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Last year there were pretty much zero upsets in the first round. This year there could be 3 in the East and 1 in the West. Only 2 games in tho

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I just figure that 2 games in means not a whole lot. Things can turn.
What I fervently hope for the most is a Leafs loss. I don't hate the Bruins the same way a lot of my Rangers brethren on the East coast do.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m not excited about the Islanders serie and I believe in CBJ in 2nd round if they manage to get past Tampa. I rather watch another serie instead, because it`s boring and no players I enjoy watching on both teams.

Reactions: bl02

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Jones played his angle terribly there, and somehow, that soft pass from Karlsson was even worse.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maroon is just what the Blues need in a series like this

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Crush time in San Jose. Go Vegas. PatioReady what a goal

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
What I fervently hope for the most is a Leafs loss. I don't hate the Bruins the same way a lot of my Rangers brethren on the East coast do.

I don't see a reason to hate the Leafs outside of the "woe is us" fans, and even that is just on the low end of annoying. They seem to be an organization in the same-ish boat as us as far as long spells between success. I guess I sort of sympathize with them.

I also don't really see much of a reason to hate the Bruins aside from Marchand (and Lucic when he was there). Thomas was another jag off. But again, aside from a slightly annoying fanbase, I always ended up "disliking" them because everyone else around here did - some machismo thing that NYers were supposed to hold disdain for Bostoners. A lot of it stemmed from my friends who are baseball fans that hated the Red Sox.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
If the Jets lose this series, does their draft position get moved up? Or is it based on the standings? Is has to be based on the playoffs, right?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Yes, but in CBJ’s case, they won 2 away games. And they didn’t “barely” win them either, like they did last year against the Caps in OT.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the Jets lose this series, does their draft position get moved up? Or is it based on the standings? Is has to be based on the playoffs, right?
If the Jets lose this series or next draft position goes from 28 to at least 22 I believe. Could go to 21 or 20 if teams like the Jackets and Vegas go to conference finals.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
If the Jets lose this series or next draft position goes from 28 to at least 22 I believe. Could go to 21 or 20 if teams like the Jackets and Vegas go to conference finals.
Oh man, that would be awesome. Seems like everything is going our way thus far, except for the Tampa series. That’s crazy. I thought our best chance of getting another 1st was Tampa.

Winnipeg is down 1-0 and losing this game 3-2
Dallas is up 1-0
We get the 2nd overall pick

I didn’t expect any of those 3 things so far. I thought there was no way Winnipeg would not dominate, and no way we get the 2OA.

Reactions: Maximus and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad