Around The NHL - True Gritty(ness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think I'd rather see the Oil crash and burn than help them.

I don't know. If we're comfortable with Oesterle, KConn, and Lyubushkin 5-7 after camp, we could trade Demers above market value, sign Enstrom to replace the D depth if Lyubushkin seems shaky, and use the saved money to afford Kessel...

For example...

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Demers is our only right shooting dman with any NHL games played. If you're offering up someone in trade it should be someone else, though KConn or Oesterle are the only ones I see as replaceable.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Demers is our only right shooting dman with any NHL games played. If you're offering up someone in trade it should be someone else, though KConn or Oesterle are the only ones I see as replaceable.
Oesterle may end up being a better player than some of us realize. I want to see what hes got with Goligoski for half the season before we start proposing a trade.

I really can't see us making any more moves until December unless a 1RW falls into our lap.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't know. If we're comfortable with Oesterle, KConn, and Lyubushkin 5-7 after camp, we could trade Demers above market value, sign Enstrom to replace the D depth if Lyubushkin seems shaky, and use the saved money to afford Kessel...

For example...
Demers is our best RHD, we can’t trade him unless an RHD is coming back. Forget Kessel, we won’t be trading for him anyway.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oesterle may end up being a better player than some of us realize. I want to see what hes got with Goligoski for half the season before we start proposing a trade.

I really can't see us making any more moves until December unless a 1RW falls into our lap.
Let's be patient here. Wait and see what happens in training camp.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Haha. I wouldn’t go that far. I expect us to lose more games than we win.

That's interesting because based on the small sampling at the end of the year and the off season moves I'd be disappointed with anything less than a .500 record. I feel like the Yotes may have the widest range of possible outcomes for their season of any team, so I figure somewhere right around .500 is a reasonable expectation.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That's interesting because based on the small sampling at the end of the year and the off season moves I'd be disappointed with anything less than a .500 record. I feel like the Yotes may have the widest range of possible outcomes for their season of any team, so I figure somewhere right around .500 is a reasonable expectation.
I’m counting post-regulation losses as losses. I believe the Coyotes will win fewer than 40 games this season.

Let’s say 38-34-10. That’s 88pts out of 164 possible. That’s .537. But it’s only 38wins out of 82 possible. That’s .463.

So what does .500 really mean?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m counting post-regulation losses as losses. I believe the Coyotes will win fewer than 40 games this season.

Let’s say 38-34-10. That’s 88pts out of 164 possible. That’s .537. But it’s only 38wins out of 82 possible. That’s .463.

88 points sounds about right, hopefully a few more. Still leaves AZ 7 points short of WC2 and 12 points out Pacific 3rd based on last year's standings.

Pacific should be very interesting this year.....maybe something like:

1. SJ
2-7 (Ana, Ari, Cgy, Edm, LAK, Vgs) - all within 10-12 points of each other.....any of these teams could make the playoffs or finish 6th-7th.
8. Vancouver.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013

Don't want to bust any balls here, but I only came up with 86pts, unless I'm missing something. I will say I'm extremely anxious to see how the season shakes out, I'm positive we will be a lot better, but the playoffs might be a stretch.

Reactions: _Del_

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
88 points sounds about right, hopefully a few more. Still leaves AZ 7 points short of WC2 and 12 points out Pacific 3rd based on last year's standings.

Pacific should be very interesting this year.....maybe something like:

1. SJ
2-7 (Ana, Ari, Cgy, Edm, LAK, Vgs) - all within 10-12 points of each other.....any of these teams could make the playoffs or finish 6th-7th.
8. Vancouver.

Generally agree here. SJ is clearly the favorite in the division.

Anaheim - too old, so I think they're vulnerable to fall out of a playoff spot
Calgary - I think we're about even but we're better when they're down to their backup (Smith will inevitably get hurt)
Edmonton - they just lost a top 4 D for the season, they're going to suck again
LAK - slow, but I think they'll be OK. Carter for the full season and Kovy is good for 50 points. I think LA is better than us (don't shoot)
VGK - Due for a step back, if only because they can't possibly get any better
Vancouver - Rebuilding. That's pretty much it

Reactions: AZviaNJ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
In the “where are they now” department.... Joe Vitale is now a radio color analyst with the Blues.

It seems like the Coyotes have had a decent number of players that have passed through here end up as broadcasters.
Vitale
Nash
Biz
Debrusk
Johnson
Boucher
and of course JR.

But maybe it's not that high since I'm not exactly counting other teams, but that's way too much work :laugh:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It seems like the Coyotes have had a decent number of players that have passed through here end up as broadcasters.
Vitale
Nash
Biz
Debrusk
Johnson
Boucher
and of course JR.

But maybe it's not that high since I'm not exactly counting other teams, but that's way too much work :laugh:
Yeah, Devils have quite a few also Stevens, Daneyko, MacLean (prior to his AZ time), Resch, Gomez, etc.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Generally agree here. SJ is clearly the favorite in the division.

Anaheim - too old, so I think they're vulnerable to fall out of a playoff spot
Calgary - I think we're about even but we're better when they're down to their backup (Smith will inevitably get hurt)
Edmonton - they just lost a top 4 D for the season, they're going to suck again
LAK - slow, but I think they'll be OK. Carter for the full season and Kovy is good for 50 points. I think LA is better than us (don't shoot)
VGK - Due for a step back, if only because they can't possibly get any better
Vancouver - Rebuilding. That's pretty much it

What a horribly bad division. I still say... Play-offs! Play-offs! :naughty:

100 points, in at 3rd after Golden Knights and either SJ or Ducks.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
If Raanta has top 5 tender numbers and our D core stays relatively healthy, we will be a playoff team...and rather easily I think. That may sound homerish but just look at what we have now compared to other teams in the Pacific and really the whole west. The only locks to make it that I can see are WPG, NSH, STL, and maybe MIN. The rest is kind of a crapshoot but I see us getting in comfortably if we meet the above requirements...

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Vitale
Nash
Biz
Debrusk
Johnson
Boucher
and of course JR.

Tocchet too.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Coyotes will win 45 games, accumulate 96 pts and make the playoffs....exiting in the first round.

Reactions: doaner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad