OT: Around the NHL: More Cancelled Games Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think the commentators keep trying to be the star of the show, but they are all just kinda cringe.
Let me just say if this is for the kids, it sucks. It's always kind of boring and odd. I get the kids love being there with their Dad. But the NHL always scraps from under the barrel for celebs for this.

Machine Gun Kelly as the musical talent was cringe af. I mean there's no other big nhl fan that's a musician? I don't buy that. Also look at this 21-22 thing.

If I was a kid watching this I'd probably ask my mum to let me play Nintendo instead.

I'm not a fan of the NBA anymore but the NBA Allstar game + skills comp is still fun to watch. This is....dreadful.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Zero trash talking for fun. Commentary is the loudest, yeesh.

As a non gambler this isn't all that fun. I guess some kids will like this that like blackjack? Sure why not.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I figured they’d get it right after the new arena was built in 2010. I wonder if no one lobbied for it?
I feel like they have? I recall hearing the Pens bid for it and lost it a few times to other teams. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Also aren't there like famous people that love hockey and play it in LA? Bieber etc? Vegas should have gone bigger for this given its Vegas.

I feel like they never think grand enough for this event. This should be a spectacle and it always feels like it's half assed put together.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Eichel apparently will be cleared for contact after the ASB. That Vegas team might be sellers just to make him fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad