OT: Around the NHL: Keep the trade talk to the other threads please

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yet we can say McDavid is going to win Art Ross Trophies into his 30s because of what he is doing in his prime?

McDavid has the benefit of playing in a league that expanded and is focusing on offensive talent.

Crosby literally got injured on a blindside hit in the premier event in the league.

Two different leagues. McDavid would be fine in Crosby's NHL, but put prime Crosby in today's NHL and he's ripping off 150 point seasons as well.

Crosby's peak season crushed what McDavid did in his first three years.

And let's not ignore Crosby paced at 97 pts in 16-17 when McDavid won a Ross with 100.

The issue is Sid simply isn't healthy ever.
You could argue a 31 Year old Crosby that year was the better complete player than a 20 year old McDavid. Only a bit below his PPG while scoring 14 more goals and playing with Sheary/Kunitz most the year.

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
You could argue a 31 Year old Crosby that year was the better complete player than a 20 year old McDavid. Only a bit below his PPG while scoring 14 more goals and playing with Sheary/Kunitz most the year.
Crosby was 29.
So we have to disqualify the 2nd and 3rd best forwards in the league aside from McDavid?
How am I disqualifying MacKinnon? Your using his pace as an argument when the guy is 27 and just broke 100 points for the first time this year because he can't ever manage to play a full season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Those 10-11 stats with no star linemate is bonkers. I think Crosby would have won the Rocket and Art Ross that season by more than what McDavid is doing this year.

And Malkin has like 90% of his career with those no star type of linemates and is a HOFer. Bonkers.

Reactions: BHD

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Obviously we'll never know if he kept it up, but Crosby's "pace" that year was 64 goals and 132 points. D. Sedin won the Art Ross with 104 points, while Perry won the Rocket with 50 goals.

So yeah, people forget the gap between what Sid was doing and the rest of the league that year. He was on pace to lead the league in goals by almost 15 and in points by almost 30, all in a low scoring era where his best linemates were Kunitz and Dupuis (not another 120+ point guy).

I think this is the true measure: how much of a gap is there between the top guy and the rest of the pack?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I just want different teams having a shot. I doubt Florida makes it to round 2, they kinda stink in the playoffs.
I really hope it works out with a rags/devs round 1. That would be incredible hockey. Devs can skate. Anybody beating Boston would be great. Florida can score, sure. But Boston will just win 5-3 if needed. Isles.. who knows. If barzal comes back, maybe they could push em. They turn it up come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad