NHL Around the NHL IX - Islanders En Fuego

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I’m with you.

I’m obviously in the dark ages. McKenzie was on TSN talking about whether Looch should get suspended!! I’m lost.

Yes it was a bit of a sucker punch but the guy rammed a player into boards and was NOT going to answer the bell. Lucic punch, to me, was not terribly out of line. Certainly not supplemental discipline out of line.

I’d be quite happy with that response if the guy had boarded Krejci and didn’t think he had to answer. Particularly in game one. Set the tone!
Zadorov should be suspended,but what do I know.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I know it’s early in the season but San Jose is looking rough. They look like they’re sleep walking through this game.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I know it’s early in the season but San Jose is looking rough. They look like they’re sleep walking through this game.

Got worse at both F and D. Martin Jones is an average goalie. Dark horse to miss the playoffs.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Got worse at both F and D. Martin Jones is an average goalie. Dark horse to miss the playoffs.
I was up $270 on FanDuel but thanks to Fluery I’ve dropped down to $150. Come on Sharks. Bury a few goals for me.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Reactivated my NHL app a couple of days ago. Got an “alert” today that Mitch Marner scored his first goal of the season. Sorry NHL app, but “a guy scored a goal” is not ****ing NEWS. Take your godawful Maple Leaf propaganda and shove it up your urethra.

Uninstalled.

The first and second day of the season NHL Radio were unlistenable because the holy leafs were playing and it was all about them and the red headed wrangler not playing Jason Spezza.

It’s all about them Tronna maypel leeves man

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ya I think they did the same with Toronto and MTL. 2 games in Oct, 1 in Feb, and 1 on the last day of the season

Certainly trying to balance 31 teams (soon to be 32) is a challenge but the NHL needs to figure out a way for long-time rivalries to have more matchups.

That said I don't know how to solve the problem.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
should at least make the division games 6 per year. Someof these home and home games vs last place Western teams dont interest me at all. Montreal vs Boston, Toronto vs Boston bring out the most intensity which is close to playoff hockey. A game vs Arizona and other teams that aren't rivals can be a bore

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love that it took Milan Lucic like half a game in a Flames uniform to suckerpunch someone.

I miss him so much. I hope he has a rebirth out in Calgary and his on-the-edge style of play works for them (as long as they don't play the Bruins)
I read through the Flames GDT and their fans loved that Looch stood up for a teammate. I wish only the best for Looch. Good guy.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Scalpers in Montreal have told me a Bruins game on a Saturday night is their golden ticket because they know Bruins fans will come.

Back in the '70s getting into a game at the Forum was much easier than in Boston because of standing room and Bruins fans actually took over downtown Montreal and one night stands out.

There was a huge German beer hall called Vieux Munich and after a game it was packed. Well one night after yet another Bruins loss at the Forum the place was packed and someone yelled out 'Southie Sucks' - I was in the balcony and saw Bruins fans fighting, throwing tables while the German poomba band played on.

Vanishing Montreal: Vieux Munich/Medley

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
should at least make the division games 6 per year. Someof these home and home games vs last place Western teams dont interest me at all. Montreal vs Boston, Toronto vs Boston bring out the most intensity which is close to playoff hockey. A game vs Arizona and other teams that aren't rivals can be a bore
IMO there should be one home and home set of games with every team within your division every year and IMO they should be on back to back nights when memories are nice and fresh

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
IMO there should be one home and home set of games with every team within your division every year and IMO they should be on back to back nights when memories are nice and fresh

6 division games per season seems the best option. At least one mandatory back to back night is a great idea - highlight of the regular season right there.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The first and second day of the season NHL Radio were unlistenable because the holy leafs were playing and it was all about them and the red headed wrangler not playing Jason Spezza.

It’s all about them Tronna maypel leeves man
It’s embarrassing. This is a verbatim title from a TSN video story from yesterday:

“Crazy, electric, amazing: Leafs running out of ways to describe Matthews’ shot”

I kid you not. I’d provide a link but don’t want to help the fanboys/fangirls over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia