Around the NHL: It's hockey season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Insane. They paid for the career year. They're going to be nuts-to-butts to the cap for the foreseeable future. With THAT team.

At least they've got kids coming on ELCs to help out. Oh wait................................

They're going to be at a $17.65M AAV for their top 2 centers as of next year. 21% of an 83.5M cap on... Barzal and Horvat? Senility is cruel.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They're going to be at a $17.65M AAV for their top 2 centers as of next year. 21% of an 83.5M cap on... Barzal and Horvat? Senility is cruel.

Let's peel the onion back one more layer. They're paying their top SEVEN forwards a combined 45.65M. 55% of the cap on seven players. I suppose it's a good thing that Pulock, Pelech and Dobson are cheap for what they bring.

But jesus.......and they've got NOTHING coming behind them. Not a damned thing.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Insane. They paid for the career year. They're going to be nuts-to-butts to the cap for the foreseeable future. With THAT team.

At least they've got kids coming on ELCs to help out. Oh wait................................

It's like they skipped the successful part of the Caps run and just want to fast forward to what the Caps are now.

This contract is worse than the Skinner deal, which was also paying for a career year. I can't see Horvat repeating this more than, what, once over the next 8?

Reactions: Zman5778

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Why the Sabres schedule so ass? 5 extra days off after the AS game, they return for a 12:30 game. Then they have 3 in 4 later in the month after a jam packed January. I know, “arenas get used for other things!!”- I do not buy that they’re creating the most efficient schedule. I guarantee there’s a computer program that could be utilized that isn’t even being considered.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Why the Sabres schedule so ass? 5 extra days off after the AS game, they return for a 12:30 game.

Every team in the NHL gets a bye week that's attached to the ASG. The majority of teams got their break before the ASG. We're one of like 10 teams that gets ours after.

And if you look, EVERYONE's schedule is jam-packed in February and March....it's not unusual.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Every team in the NHL gets a bye week that's attached to the ASG. The majority of teams got their break before the ASG. We're one of like 10 teams that gets ours after.

And if you look, EVERYONE's schedule is jam-packed in February and March....it's not unusual.

Ah, here I am complaining about one of the few scheduling things the nhl does that actually makes sense then- wish it were more spread out from a selfish perspective, but I’m sure the players like having a solid break.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Ah, here I am complaining about one of the few scheduling things the nhl does that actually makes sense then- wish it were more spread out from a selfish perspective, but I’m sure the players like having a solid break.

I read a few things around the ASG that said that if the NHL had its druthers, the entire NHL would have its bye week end with the ASG and everyone would re-start on the Monday or Tuesday after the ASG. The only reason why they have to have some before and some after is to satisfy national TV requirements.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I read a few things around the ASG that said that if the NHL had its druthers, the entire NHL would have its bye week end with the ASG and everyone would re-start on the Monday or Tuesday after the ASG. The only reason why they have to have some before and some after is to satisfy national TV requirements.
Why would the NHL want more days with no games? Maybe the players are OK with it.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
It's like they skipped the successful part of the Caps run and just want to fast forward to what the Caps are now.

This contract is worse than the Skinner deal, which was also paying for a career year. I can't see Horvat repeating this more than, what, once over the next 8?

Skinner got .5 mil more but was also 2 years younger at the time. It’s like looking at Skinners contract and saying; you know I can do worse

Reactions: TheMistyStranger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad