OT: Around the NHL: It's about to get real crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I don't think there is any issue with offsides, the rule or the challenge process. The technology is there to get it right and the challenges effect only a few games each playoffs. It's actually a very good process IMO.

Agreed on the ******** of the NHL though. There are very legit issues with obstruction, violent stick work, etc yet the league wants to focus on the one goal called back on an actual offsides play.

I forget which night of hockey it was but on HNIC Kypeos mentioned that the amount of slashing that goes on, in the regular season and the playoffs, is something that is going to be looked at this off season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I forget which night of hockey it was but on HNIC Kypeos mentioned that the amount of slashing that goes on, in the regular season and the playoffs, is something that is going to be looked at this off season.

It better be, it's beyond ridiculous. Of course, Kypreos will just blame it on the instigator rule. Just call the damn penalties consistently and it will stop.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
So when do they release the expansion list to the public? i thought it was yesterday?

I believe teams have to submit the lists on June 17 and revealed on June 18. Vegas will have a 72 hour period to negotiate with exposed players and make their selections and their roster will be announced on June 21 at the NHL awards ceremony. That's my understanding at least.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I like Barkley. I hate basketball, though :laugh:

Uh, Wayne's answer was actually pretty damn funny.

Barkley: Who's your favorite black athlete of all time?

Coffey gets up to shake his hand, everyone laughs.

Wayne: Grant Fuhr.

:laugh:

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Vegas already has odds out for 2018.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

Pens are favorites at 17/2.

I'm not real confident in a team making it to the finals 3 years in a row.

True, that obviously won't be easy, but also not a surprise that a team with Sid and Geno off of consecutive finals appearances would be ranked at the top. Long way off from worrying about that though.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

I can pull numbers out of my ass too... :laugh:

Seriously, I never trust Vegas for hockey odds anymore. Remember when everyone and their dog in Vegas thought Detroit would win game 7 in '09?? ;)

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
man it's crazy how fast expansion will be happening after the season ends.

It's actually great for us hockey fans, this year because of the expansion there will be a **** load of moves before and all the way leading up to the draft which I expect a lot of trades as well. Many players that were not traded at the deadline like Duchene and maybe even Landeskog will be moved.

Oh and don't forget, another parade in between all of this!!!!! :yo:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
It's actually great for us hockey fans, this year because of the expansion there will be a **** load of moves before and all the way leading up to the draft which I expect a lot of trades as well. Many players that were not traded at the deadline like Duchene and maybe even Landeskog will be moved.

Oh and don't forget, another parade in between all of this!!!!! :yo:

Easy Champ, we haven't won yet.... :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

With the right moves and health, the Pens can. Health being the most important thing though. Pens would have won this series by now with Letang in the line-up, even if the Preds had RJ, I still think Letang is a huge enough difference our way.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Pens will be better next year if they stay healthy so it's definitely possible. What a time to be alive, we are so blessed to watch this team daily. I was born after the 91-92 runs, now I might have something to talk about to my kids/grandkids in 10-40 years :laugh:

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens will be better next year if they stay healthy so it's definitely possible. What a time to be alive, we are so blessed to watch this team daily. I was born after the 91-92 runs, now I might have something to talk about to my kids/grandkids in 10-40 years :laugh:

Never thought about it that way, I have bought a jersey for every cup win, so to add a 5th and explain that to my kids some day would be really cool, I plan to frame them and hang them up.

But yeah, a three-peat is possible, tinkering will be needed for sure, especially in the bottom 6 and the defense as a whole. When/if the Pens win, Cullen is retiring for sure, likely Hainsey and Kunitz too and what a way to go. The latter 2 of course we would be happy to see go.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin

I still have my 1991 SC Champions gear at my dad's house somewhere, the shirt is a little tattered though. As great as those runs were I think I wanted them to win even more in 1993 and 1996. That being said I think going back-to-back in 2017 would be more meaningful to me as an adult that it was to me as a 10 year old kid in 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad