OT: Around the NHL: Is the North division set yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
You could see that coming in that sequence after the Avs couldn't convert on their odd man break.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Lol NBCs take is Ryan Reaves in the game would make the difference. Brutal take. I don’t know, maybe your goalie doesn’t try a cross bodied catch on a lob short side with 1 second left in a period.

Mike Milbury enters the chat …… looking for his job back

yury7fyhbp641.jpg

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Two awful turnovers go the other way for goals. Self-inflicted mistakes.

Burakovsky and Landeskog. Girard completely abandoned March next to the net too. Ugh.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't have a problem with Trotz, but I'm also not going to pretend I've ever enjoyed watching any team he's coached.

I respect him, but if every coach coached the way he did this sport would be boring as piss. I doubt Islanders fans care about that and he hardly shackled the Caps offense down while there, but few coaches can get rosters to consistently overperform like he has.

Either way his career arc is an interesting one. His teams have won at least as many playoff games in 3 of the past 4 seasons than they did in any of his first 18 seasons coaching. 15 years with the Predators and they never once won 7 playoff games in one Spring and suddenly he's the coach who gets the playoffs.

Of course if the referees called penalties by the book and not by the scenario it'd all come crashing down, but you can't begrudge the guy for coaching his team to do what the refs steadfastly refuse to call in the playoffs.

Winning the Cup really changed how people view him. Prior to that, the knock on him was that he could only coach teams - average or outstanding - to the first or second round. His teams would would put together wins in the regular season, but could never follow it up in the postseason.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
MacKinnon is going to get wrecked coming across the blueline one of these days. He skates with his head down.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad