OT: Around the NHL: I guess we have to root for another team

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Just one more thing for us all to stew over in the off season. I still believe that the penguins were better then every team in the east, except who knows what happens if we had played tampa.

but yet, we didn't do diddly about our goal tending. we figured that Jarry (who did have a decent season) who bombed last playoff run backed up by a 30 year old who never had playoff experience and who was injured last go around was good enough for possibly the last hurrah for our core.

If we had decent goaltending we would've smoked the rangers in 5 and it wouldn't have been close. We also would have ran right over Carolina. Just don't know what happens against tampa. Vasi when he's on is a huge difference maker.

All I know is if they keep the core they sure as crap better do something about our goal tending. Jarry has only proven that for stretches in the regular season he can be really really good. that's it....

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don't like the 3rd string goalie excuse, because we were up 3-1 with said 3rd string goalie and then we were up 2-0 in game 6 and we blew it again.

Well then what is he supposed to do because Gallant was outcoached by Sullivan. Sullivan can only do so much.

Gallant outcoached BrindAmour because BrindAmour looks like a poodle.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sullivan needs to take his lumps for a half decade of first round flameouts.

But I'd rather watch his system for ten more seasons than Rod The Bod's "bore 'em to death" strategy.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Leafs, Bruins, Penguins, Panthers >>> NYR and Edmonton

I kinda hate how random the playoffs are, especially in recent seasons.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Just one more thing for us all to stew over in the off season. I still believe that the penguins were better then every team in the east, except who knows what happens if we had played tampa.

but yet, we didn't do diddly about our goal tending. we figured that Jarry (who did have a decent season) who bombed last playoff run backed up by a 30 year old who never had playoff experience and who was injured last go around was good enough for possibly the last hurrah for our core.

If we had decent goaltending we would've smoked the rangers in 5 and it wouldn't have been close. We also would have ran right over Carolina. Just don't know what happens against tampa. Vasi when he's on is a huge difference maker.

All I know is if they keep the core they sure as crap better do something about our goal tending. Jarry has only proven that for stretches in the regular season he can be really really good. that's it....

Nothing you can do. Desmith was fine and got injured.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Well then what is he supposed to do because Gallant was outcoached by Sullivan. Sullivan can only do so much.
Not playing ERod for starters. Boyle was also awful for most of the series and should have been benched before getting injured. Then he kept playing Letang and Matheson together when clearly it wasn't working. Line 2 needed a boost, but he kept playing Heinen and Kap with Geno when Rust should've been on that line. Guentzel-Sid-Rakell worked great in the regular season, but Sully kept insisting on playing Rakell away from Sid.

Our PP was also crap, but I guess that's more on Todd Reirden than Sully.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not playing ERod for starters. Boyle was also awful for most of the series and should have been benched before getting injured. Then he kept playing Letang and Matheson together when clearly it wasn't working. Line 2 needed a boost, but he kept playing Heinen and Kap with Geno when Rust should've been on that line. Guentzel-Sid-Rakell worked great in the regular season, but Sully kept insisting on playing Rakell away from Sid.

Not playing Rodrigues? Huh? Dude was very good for us in the playoffs.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He was good for like two games, but he kept wasting scoring chances just like he did in the 2nd half of the season. Then there's what happened in game 6.

Erod took a bad penalty in Game 6 that turned game 6 in a bad way. But this is nitpicking stupid shit. Sullivan outcoached Gallant strategically throughout the series.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Wonder who Trouba cleanly injured this series.

It totally won't be one of their skill players, for sure. It's not like that's a common theme here or anything.

Lets just cue up the "well it's an unfortunate result but what can ya do?" refrain, now.

Dude is Kronwall 2.0. Every hit is finished upwards. Though not QUITE like Kronwall's notorious leapin' lizard elbows.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Useless Jerks. Good for nothing guys!
CLEARLY this is on you.

20220530_215054.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad