OT: Around the NHL: I guess we have to root for another team

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I said when the series was set that Rags winning would irritate me slightly less simply because they got rid of TDA, whereas Canes picked him up, and I stand by that.

For a series that went 7, though, it feels annoyingly like a blowout.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Guess they're gonna be bonding with Caps fans over how their dirty af player gets treated by other fanbases for being, you know, dirty af.
Accidents will always happen. Look at the unfortunate Crosby hit, that wasn't even a headshot premeditated like the one on Guentzel at the beginning of the game.
Trouba may be more accident-prone than Tom Wilson, so the Lightning stars should watch out at all times.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean the Rangers are proof positive that who cares what you do at ES in the POs…if your special teams are really good and you get good goaltending, that’s all that’s important
Lots of dirty hits too. Lots.

Carolina's big guns were nowhere to be seen this series. What a shit performance by their offensive leaders.
Svech-who-kov, amirite?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Just one more thing for us all to stew over in the off season. I still believe that the penguins were better then every team in the east, except who knows what happens if we had played tampa.

but yet, we didn't do diddly about our goal tending. we figured that Jarry (who did have a decent season) who bombed last playoff run backed up by a 30 year old who never had playoff experience and who was injured last go around was good enough for possibly the last hurrah for our core.

If we had decent goaltending we would've smoked the rangers in 5 and it wouldn't have been close. We also would have ran right over Carolina. Just don't know what happens against tampa. Vasi when he's on is a huge difference maker.

All I know is if they keep the core they sure as crap better do something about our goal tending. Jarry has only proven that for stretches in the regular season he can be really really good. that's it....
I'm much more confident the Penguins would beat TB than the Leafs, for example. Sullivan has always had an answer for the way Cooper's team plays. Of course, who knows with the refs, as Toronto saw firsthand.

The Rangers are equivalent to the Islanders if the last few years. They have absolutely no chance at the cup, get utterly dominated night in and night out, and rely on a goalie to bail them out.

They'll finally play a real goalie and will get swept.
And Tampa is the beneficiary again. Such a lucky team.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
I wonder how the Rangers will fare against a goalie as good or better than Shesterkin.

Gonna be weird not facing a team's 2nd or 3rd goalie. :laugh:
At least Tampa's 1C is out.. I hate this year's playoffs and I'm very pissed because Pens should have been at least in the Conference finals. Colorado is the only team left I don't hate and of course they have important player out in Girard(their playbook is based on Girard's and Makar's skating ability)

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
They had the best record, but I never considered their roster the best
Carolina was perhaps the most balanced statistically. No real glaring weaknesses outside of penalties taken. PP average.

#3 points %
#1 regulation wins
#9 GF/G
#1 GA/G
#13 PP
#1 PK

Rangers took out a pretty legit team here. Canes fans can't blame it on Andersen's unavailability either. Raanta was .922 in the playoffs.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Not playing ERod for starters. Boyle was also awful for most of the series and should have been benched before getting injured. Then he kept playing Letang and Matheson together when clearly it wasn't working. Line 2 needed a boost, but he kept playing Heinen and Kap with Geno when Rust should've been on that line. Guentzel-Sid-Rakell worked great in the regular season, but Sully kept insisting on playing Rakell away from Sid.

Our PP was also crap, but I guess that's more on Todd Reirden than Sully.
You do know Rakell only played in part of game 1 and then game 7 right?

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Erod took a bad penalty in Game 6 that turned game 6 in a bad way. But this is nitpicking stupid shit. Sullivan outcoached Gallant strategically throughout the series.
Like I mentioned in my previous post Erod playing wasn't the only problem.

You do know Rakell only played in part of game 1 and then game 7 right?
I'm well aware, and he didn't get to play with Sid in either of those games.

Last edited:

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Rags fans are coming on here to make their comments because they know we're right, they were heavily outplayed in our series, if Jarry or even Desmith started in that series we win in 6 at most.

Even they got lucky to some degree against Carolina playing a backup in Raanta.

But hey, good for them, every team has to get some luck to go far/win in the playoffs. This is where their luck ends though, I just don't see anyone beating the Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad