Around the NHL: And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Hoping stuff works out but he needs help and his wife needs to start making plans for their children cause he is going to hit rock bottom at a metoric rate. Hopefully she didn't co-sign on anything.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
But BriseBois has already hedged his bets with a couple of under-the-radar signings. Zach Bogosian is back on a team-friendly deal (three years at $850,000 per season) and is a pretty even swap for Savard.

They smoking some bubble gum kush down in Tampa

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
O'Reilly was part of the problem. I mentioned this before but he had the worst 1st impression ever.
ROR went to a team with an existing core that had established what it means to be a St Louis Blue and there weren't any problems. Same with Kane until he surrendered to his inner demons. The problem with the Sabres is they have no core and players coming in are directionless. That's what Adams is trying to build.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
ROR went to a team with an existing core that had established what it means to be a St Louis Blue and there weren't any problems. Same with Kane until he surrendered to his inner demons. The problem with the Sabres is they have no core and players coming in are directionless. That's what Adams is trying to build.
Yes there was nothing established in Buffalo when O'Reilly arrived. There wasn't a coach or GM that created a strong culture or structure for the young players.

But I think the Sabres viewed O'Reilly as someone to lead this pieced together core. Only problem was he went and embarrassed himself and the franchise before even meeting anyone. It's hard to vocally lead at that point.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Hoping stuff works out but he needs help and his wife needs to start making plans for their children cause he is going to hit rock bottom at a metoric rate. Hopefully she didn't co-sign on anything.

Gambling can definitely be an addiction. I hope he gets help and comes out of it better.

If the stories are true I 100% hope he gets the help he needs. However, he also needs to be willing to admit he needs the help and has to be totally willing to accept the help.

The thing with gambling addiction is there are no physical changes like with alcohol or drugs. There are often emotional/personality changes but those are often overlooked or dismissed by people. So it is possible to hide your addiction until you do truly hit rock bottom, and everyone’s rock bottom is different.
And sadly many people even when they hit rock bottom don’t seek help or think suicide is their only way out.

Gambling addicts have been found to have an extremely high suicide rate. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/13/problem-gamblers-at-15-times-higher-risk-of-suicide-study-finds

I’ll
end there before I totally derail the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad