Around the NHL: And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Krejci was a UFA, Boston already has 80.4 mil in cap hit to signed players and presumably were not planning on bringing him back or knew that he was not returning to the NHL. Eichel may end up in Boston at some point, maybe even the long shot of it happening this season, however it won't be because Krejci went home.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Wow, Krejci staying in the Czech Republic, didn't see that one coming.

Krejci was a UFA, Boston already has 80.4 mil in cap hit to signed players and presumably were not planning on bringing him back or knew that he was not returning to the NHL. Eichel may end up in Boston at some point, maybe even the long shot of it happening this season, however it won't be because Krejci went home.
Is it true that "Krecji" in Russian is spelled "Kucherov"? I'm sure Krecji will make sure his passport and visa remains valid for next Spring.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I'd be selling all my D to buy underpriced wingers.

Not even kidding if the market is this insane sell Power + Dahlin

Reactions: sabremike

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That's the type of trade Buffalo should be looking to make. Butcher was more of a deal where they bought a pick while trying to rebuild Butcher to what he was a few years back. Stephens is a guy who has showed promise but is just stuck in a numbers game down in Tampa. I hope Adams doesn't fall in love with our young forwards to the extent that he isn't looking to add other similarly situated forwards who could compete with our young guys.

This is the second time you’ve mentioned the Butcher deal to complain about it in relation to another move we didn’t make. Your problem with it is odd to me. The reasons for it seem fairly straightforward. We needed to fill out our top 6 dmen slots since we only had 4 NHL dmen (Dahlin/Joker/Miller/Hagg) and weren’t looking to commit beyond one year(at least so far). Butcher fit the bill on both counts. Now Samuelsson/Bryson have to fight for spots.

The player your referring to above is a forward and not an established NHLer who would be viewed as a placeholder. The situations aren’t the same. It also doesn’t make much sense to accuse such a brand new front office of falling in love with players as the reason he wasn’t acquired. They will be tripping over young forward options starting on the NHL roster, pushing from the AHL and whatever the Eichel a trade brings. I’m not saying we couldn’t have added him and let him battle for ice time as well. Its just not that big a deal that we didn’t and doesn’t really mean anything in the big picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad