Around the NHL - Episode XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
There’s some interesting evidence that hockey players should be ahead of the average person, because they may be vulnerable due to features of the game and the environment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/04/hockey-covid-transmission-outbreaks/
I have no problem with pro athletes getting immunized near the front of the line, I just think it should be in that 2nd tier after frontline healthcare workers and old folks' homes.

Pro sports is a huge economic driver.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
McGuire on TSN radio suggesting the NHL is looking at additional revenue sources available from tax free states for Pods... I guess we will see ...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I am not paying out of pocket, plus there are no concerts to chose from. The voucher has a timer.

Even if there was concerts or if you were paying from your pocket, going to see your favorite team live would be a very good choice IMO.

I'll be driving from Montreal when it's possible again to see Tkachuk, Chabot, Batherson, Norris, Formenton, Stuetzle, Matt Murray, etc live!

Reactions: EdSoxFan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Would have been so nice to pick this kid up. Undrafted 2015
He'd make our right side whole lot better

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Why would anyone pick up Pacioretty, he’s just Mike Hoffman with a bad contract.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
5 weeks until puck drop. Interesting things to watch

How hard will it be for teams to become cap compliant ?

Where will remaining UFAs sign and for how much ?

Do Byfield and Stuetzle make their rosters ?

Damn this is gonna be fun.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
5 weeks until puck drop. Interesting things to watch

How hard will it be for teams to become cap compliant ?

Where will remaining UFAs sign and for how much ?

Do Byfield and Stuetzle make their rosters ?

Damn this is gonna be fun.

Could it be for real, actual relevant hockey talk again? Cannot wait for an official countdown to the new season.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Radek Bonk was a finalist for "greatest name in NHL history" according to Greg Wyshynski from ESPN...not sure I agree with the winner though :laugh:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He's a 60-pts player even away from Stone, and the last two years of the contract are cheap. I can see many teams being interested.
It’s a 7M cap hit in a flat cap. Like I said you can get the goals from Hoffman. Neither player brings much else to the game. Looking at Cap Friendly I don’t see a Pacioretty fit anywhere.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Penguins

How on God's green earth did Skalde not find it strange that a guy wanted to ride in the backseat with his wife?
How the bleep did he not notice anything a mere 3 feet behind him?
How did he not crack Donatelli over the head with a hockey stick as soon as he found out?
How did he not go to the police as soon as he found out?

This story is so f'ng fantastic, I have no idea of what to believe.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Pierre Dorion will be looking for a new job if the Sens only win 10 games this season.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad