Around the NHL - Episode XLV III - BEAST MODE ANDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I just noticed Eichel gas surgery for a ruptured disk in his neck and is out for the season. Sabres season can't get much worse...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The crazy thing is that those lottery wins haven't really contributed, yet.

If Kakko and Laf pan out they could be scary.

It'd be like having two Leafs.

tenor.gif

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It is very difficult to make it to the final four. You need a very good team, very good health, easy opponents, and good fortune (lucky bounces) to get there.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Don' forget a couple of lucky balls which made them jump up in the draft, also getting Fox who chose them.
Lafrenière only has 8 goals/14 points. He had a slow start but started to play better deeper into the season. Agree with one of the earlier comments that Rangers seem to be doing fairly well with their rebuild though.

Good to see that Lafrenière has not out produced Stutzle who has 7 goals/23 points.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lafrenière only has 8 goals/14 points. He had a slow start but started to play better deeper into the season. Agree with one of the earlier comments that Rangers seem to be doing fairly well with their rebuild though.

Good to see that Lafrenière has not out produced Stutzle who has 7 goals/23 points.
Lafreniere does not get the same opportunities Stutzle gets

Reactions: GCK

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lafreniere does not get the same opportunities Stutzle gets

He did at the beginning of the season but has steadily been getting moved down the lineup due to underwhelming performances. Most of his points have been pretty lucky. He hasn't looked like a number one pick at all. Stutzle has looked much better IMO.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He did at the beginning of the season but has steadily been getting moved down the lineup due to underwhelming performances. Most of his points have been pretty lucky. He hasn't looked like a number one pick at all. Stutzle has looked much better IMO.

Just saying if one wants to look at point totals as as way to compare them.. you have to look at the opportunities they are given as well. I am not trying to promote Laf over Stutzle.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Laf looks good to me. No worries from me, he will be a star.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
And prime pp time
No disagreement from me.

I was thinking more about the fact that even the #1 Lafreniere didn't have a super strong, productive first year in the league like let's say Crosby. I was focused on that aspect versus a comparison between the two, or the reasons for any differences in production. And, I wasn't knocking Lafreniere in any way either.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No disagreement from me.

I was thinking more about the fact that even the #1 Lafreniere didn't have a super strong, productive first year in the league like let's say Crosby. I was focused on that aspect versus a comparison between the two, or the reasons for any differences in production. And, I wasn't knocking Lafreniere in any way either.

The Rangers fans are constantly ragging on Quinn for his usage of Laf on the Prospects board. I really have not watched the Rangers enough to dissect why he isn't getting played more. Kakko, Lias Andresson, Kravtsov all pretty high profile picks have all had their issues breaking in for one reason or another..

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The Rangers fans are constantly ragging on Quinn for his usage of Laf on the Prospects board. I really have not watched the Rangers enough to dissect why he isn't getting played more. Kakko, Lias Andresson, Kravtsov all pretty high profile picks have all had their issues breaking in for one reason or another..
Well, earlier in the season Laf wasn't exactly lighting it up. I can't offer much more insight than this though.

TBL 2 - Canes 0 now.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Both Stone bros get a goal on the same night! Thats a treat for their parents for sure haha.

I miss the Stone celebrations.

Reactions: NyQuil and DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad