Around the NHL Discussion Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Looking at the current standings and potential playoff positioning, my money is on San Jose to make a big move up in the second half of the season.

They are sittin’ pretty at 48 pts and 6 games in hand on the Blues.

Expecting the Sharks to be in primo position by the end of the regular season.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Duclair and Clendening to CHI for Panik and Dauphin. Good deal for Chicago.

I’ve seen Duclair live up close twice. Great skater. Perfect edges. Great stick.

He gets knocked for his lack of defensive discipline, but he has a very active stick, is as quick as the wind and he seems very determined.

I like Duclair and hope he thrives in Chicago.

Maybe it is his decision making that needs improvement.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Duclair and Clendening to CHI for Panik and Dauphin. Good deal for Chicago.

Well that's Duclair off the list. Thank goodness. I'm not sure I agree that the Hawks win this trade. Panik was a PITA in our last tilt against Chicago. Hawks get younger but smaller, and Clendening for Dauphin is a wash if you look at stats. (I haven't watched much of either of them).

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I’ve seen Duclair live up close twice. Great skater. Perfect edges. Great stick.

He gets knocked for his lack of defensive discipline, but he has a very active stick, is as quick as the wind and he seems very determined.

I like Duclair and hope he thrives in Chicago.

Maybe it is his decision making that needs improvement.
It looks like Chicago went for the higher ceiling, and 'Zona went for the safer bet. Time will tell, but I'm leaning towards the Yotes winning this deal.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Arizona is desperate for some stability and team defense. Duclair wanted out, which is crazy given the chemistry he had with Domi dating all the way back to the WJCs. He'll fit into the hole left by Panarin in Chicago's lineup, and they'll both be fine. But that doesn't mean it wasn't the right move for Arizona. Sometimes trades are more complicated than just points in vs. points out. I seriously doubt Panik will ever be a 40-point player again, but he'll contribute to 'Zona in other ways, and they have a ton of prospects on the way to fill in on the scoring roles anyways. It's not an ideal trade, but it's not Hall-for-Larsson either. Duke wasn't going to be a player in Arizona, plain and simple.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The other thing to consider about the Duclair deal for CHI is they cleared some cap. I think it’s a good deal for that reason alone with the potential for it to be an excellent deal if Duclair can become a 40 point LW.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Philly-Nashville thread on the main boards is making me really nervous. I realize it's just fans conversing, but I really, really don't want Nashville to get Simmonds!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The Philly-Nashville thread on the main boards is making me really nervous. I realize it's just fans conversing, but I really, really don't want Nashville to get Simmonds!
They are all-in, stacked team. Its their time to push hard on Stanley Cup in other hand in Blues we're long way from that. Too many big holes in our roster + injuries.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
They are all-in, stacked team. Its their time to push hard on Stanley Cup in other hand in Blues we're long way from that. Too many big holes in our roster + injuries.
I actually agree with you, albeit grudgingly. If Nashville gets Simmonds they will mop the floor with us. Hoffman or not.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
This hawks vs red wings game is fun to watch :)

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Just saw Crawford might miss rest of the season with Vertigo like symptoms. As someone who can't play most 1st person video games due to Vertigo I feel for the dude. Don't like him due to him being a Hawk, still feel for him tho.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Just saw Crawford might miss rest of the season with Vertigo like symptoms. As someone who can't play most 1st person video games due to Vertigo I feel for the dude. Don't like him due to him being a Hawk, still feel for him tho.

It's a constant companion in my life and it sucks. Feels bad man.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I have no love lost for Crawford, but that’s a shame.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
You mean to tell me another big-ticket Blackhawks player has developed a career threatening condition?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
You mean to tell me another big-ticket Blackhawks player has developed a career threatening condition?

In fairness, Crawford is towards the bottom of the list of players that they need to get out from under. He’s paid reasonably and is still a very good goalie. Now, if Seabrook were the player in question you may have a case.

I won’t say it’s time to start dancing on Chicago’s grave but the band may be warming up. Especially if Crawford goes the way of Jonas Hiller, which for his sake I hope is not the case.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

He’s had this issue before. I know people love to run with conspiracy issues about the Hawks getting out from contracts, but Crawford is one of the last guys they would pull it with. Think about it. Their goaltending depth is now Anton Forsberg and Jeff Glass. You really think they’re willingly running that tandem?

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah that is just really unfortunate for Crawford and the Hawks.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
In all fairness to the Hawks. Crawford is posting good numbers and I highly doubt they would willingly run their current goal tending setup if they didn't have to.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He’s had this issue before. I know people love to run with conspiracy issues about the Hawks getting out from contracts, but Crawford is one of the last guys they would pull it with. Think about it. Their goaltending depth is now Anton Forsberg and Jeff Glass. You really think they’re willingly running that tandem?
This.... and while Hossa's illness is strange....his presence is missed big time.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
LV and Colorado are a combined 28 games over .500. Who would have guessed that?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Shattenkirk hadn't scored a goal in 30 games.

With Ottawa being open to trading Karlsson I'm going to guess Edmonton gives whatever it takes to get him. I won't pretend to know what that will take but my betting chips are on EK winding up an Oiler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad