Around the NHL Discussion - Part IV

Jori cant shoot

5/5 Compete Level
Sep 18, 2014
St. Louis
The particular circumstances are. When the athlete bankrupts himself, it's usually his own doing, not his parents. Apparently his parents were notorious helicopter parents as well, which would have only gone further towards making this possible.

I meant the athletes bankrupting themselves.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Stastny was cheaper lol. I do wonder what Spezza would've been like in our system. His better offense would be better to have, but he's still terrible defensively.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Difficult to say anything since Stastny hasn't started playing yet! $7m until he is 32 is certainly preferable to $7.5m until Spezza is 35, particularly with his game already showing signs of decline.

Still, hopefully he is decent for Dallas. I don't think we'd have an issue with them in a playoff series, and I'd rather they were there than some other teams in our Division.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We pretty much had to sign Stastny, though. We had to upgrade our center position and to do so without giving up assets would have to be either Spezza or Stastny and I still think Stastny is the better fit for this team.

Even if Stastny continues to play like he has for a while he was still a must sign. He's still better than Sobotka or Berglund who would have been the center in his spot.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Dallas trades Brenden Dillon for Jason Demers and a 3rd?

Maybe I'm missing something, but that really doesn't look good for Dallas.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not terrible for Dallas, but I wouldn't have done it if I was them, especially with Demers not putting up points. Demers is still a good puck-mover though.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Dalton Prout is awesome. :laugh:

I can't believe how embarrassing Lucic was during that "fight". Equally surprised there are a few Bruins fans who feel he was somehow wronged by Prout :laugh:

Glove punch to the back to the head, start mouthing off, continue skating towards Prout and then he was engaged with him for a few seconds before getting dropped. Lucic was begging for it.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I can't believe how embarrassing Lucic was during that "fight". Equally surprised there are a few Bruins fans who feel he was somehow wronged by Prout :laugh:

Glove punch to the back to the head, start mouthing off, continue skating towards Prout and then he was engaged with him for a few seconds before getting dropped. Lucic was begging for it.
Yep, the way Lucic acted after the fight was a complete joke but certainly not surprising at all when it comes to him.

I really hate that guy. What he did in the handshake line against Montreal and everything else has shown what a complete loser he is.

There's having passion, and then there's just being a dumb oaf. He's the latter.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Lucic's general style of play should make him a likable player but he does so many stupid things that make him just an *******. The most notewortly being all the spearing and groin shots. Seriously, this is hockey for ****s sakes. There is no honor in those kinds of plays. I enjoyed watching him getting KO'd

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

In case you haven't noticed, there are Bruins fans who will loudly complain about absolutely anything bad that happens to their team.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Devin Dubnyk is doing well now that he is off the terrible Edmonton club. I am not surprised. Those Oiler fans were off base about him.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not surprised either. I've always thought he was a good goalie that got hung out to dry behind a terrible defense.

I thought that for a while too, but I'm not so sure. He did have a habit of letting in some soft goals at particularly bad times, and he was far from impressive with the Predators or in the AHL last season. He had a few seasons with a decent sv% in Edmonton, but it's difficult to read much into that. Nice start with Phoenix though.

Oilers are getting beat up again tonight. 2-0 down to Chicago, 10 minutes in. They are heading towards 0-10-1 against the West to start the season :amazed: On the road to Dallas, Nashville and then St. Louis for them next.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Dubnyk isn't a good goalie, and 5 games doesn't change that.

Didn't do well on Nashville either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad