Around The NHL Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Bah, they lost in an embarrassing game 7 at home. I'd be bitter too

Now they know what both sides of that coin feel like... Boston fans were sore winners after the cup win over Vancouver in 2011. Can't say I'm surprised to see them be poor losers too.

I gave the thread a quick read through and the amount of whining over the headshots/headhunting is unbelievable. I'm torn between staying out of it, and posting a gif of Charlie McAvoy's heatshot to Josh Anderson in game 6 of the CBJ series - emphasizing the lack of a 5 and a game call, and the subsequent slap on a wrist of a 1 game suspension McAvoy got. Had McAvoy been tossed from that game at the end of the 2nd when the score is 1-0, maybe Columbus forces a game 7 and they move on because BOS is down one of their top dmen in an elimination game instead of the ECF opener.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Now they know what both sides of that coin feel like... Boston fans were sore winners after the cup win over Vancouver in 2011. Can't say I'm surprised to see them be poor losers too.

I gave the thread a quick read through and the amount of whining over the headshots/headhunting is unbelievable. I'm torn between staying out of it, and posting a gif of Charlie McAvoy's heatshot to Josh Anderson in game 6 of the CBJ series - emphasizing the lack of a 5 and a game call, and the subsequent slap on a wrist of a 1 game suspension McAvoy got. Had McAvoy been tossed from that game at the end of the 2nd when the score is 1-0, maybe Columbus forces a game 7 and they move on because BOS is down one of their top dmen in an elimination game instead of the ECF opener.
I live in Bruins land and can tell you that they are insufferable brats. I won like 5 mini bets against people. Most everyone thought the Bruins would sweep. When I told them that the Blues were better than you think they just laughed at me and told me that I don't know hockey. I'm so glad I got to rub it in their faces after game 7. Most of them were cool after we won but good god some of their endless complaining after the series ended was unbearable. Actually it was great listening to, was like laughing at their tears. It couldn't have happened to a worse bunch.

Reactions: TK 421

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
My favorites on the bruins game 7 whining thread is the couple of posters who seem to actually believe in a conspiracy theory about the refs, the league and NBC sports all conspiring to help the Blues because the league wanted the Blues to win the Stanley Cup. :laugh:

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
My favorites on the bruins game 7 whining thread is the couple of posters who seem to actually believe in a conspiracy theory about the refs, the league and NBC sports all conspiring to help the Blues because the league wanted the Blues to win the Stanley Cup. :laugh:

Lots of blaming all kinds of things in that thread. Some of their fans have clarity about it but most blame the refs, head hunting, etc...

The saltiest fans by far are in San Jose. Go read their thread when game 7 was happening. They go off the crazy rails but it’s funny.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
It was hilarious when the Bruins still held a party after losing game 7.

The funniest part is that the team made half of the other men leave the party at midnight. The reason? The Bruins can't score at even strength.

(NSFW language)

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I embrace the headshots. I flat out don't care. The Sharks and Bruins are some dirty ass teams. A taste of their own medicine was satisfying

Reactions: BlueDream

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Neither player
I embrace the headshots. I flat out don't care. The Sharks and Bruins are some dirty ass teams. A taste of their own medicine was satisfying
Neither player has any kind of history as a dirty player. The head shots were not intentional, and they were penalized. It’s playoff hockey. Whatever anyone said, Thomas was hurt by that Krug hit. It’s playoff hockey.

Teams have been learning how to deal with physicality and churn through 4 rounds to win a Cup every season for ages. That’s simply what it is. Blues have fallen short due to the toll many times. That Sharks team was running on fumes before the series even started. It was entirely predictable that they’d hit the wall, and Game 6 was a valiant effort just to avoid being dominated more decisively. After Game 5, we all knew the outcome.

As for Boston, I just can’t get over Bruin’s fans complaining about physicality played on the edge. I thought that was their MO. It should have been a mutual appreciation club.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I couldn’t have asked for better teams than the Sharks and Bruins for the Blues to beat on their way to their first Cup.

Beating those 2 is perfect in so many ways. **** em.
Absotutely!

Sooooo glad it was the Bruins that the Blues beat for the Cup and not the Blue Jackets or some other team without the provenance of Boston.

NOBODY can claim that the Blues got their first Cup by beating a team that is perceived to be “lower-tier”.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Absotutely!

Sooooo glad it was the Bruins that the Blues beat for the Cup and not the Blue Jackets or some other team without the provenance of Boston.

NOBODY can claim that the Blues got their first Cup by beating a team that is perceived to be “lower-tier”.

Next year they beat Tampa in the Final.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I live in Bruins land and can tell you that they are insufferable brats. I won like 5 mini bets against people. Most everyone thought the Bruins would sweep. When I told them that the Blues were better than you think they just laughed at me and told me that I don't know hockey. I'm so glad I got to rub it in their faces after game 7. Most of them were cool after we won but good god some of their endless complaining after the series ended was unbearable. Actually it was great listening to, was like laughing at their tears. It couldn't have happened to a worse bunch.
I hsve 3 close friends who all fan Bruins. I took with all of them money bets. Damn they were really down after Blues won. They all laugh Blues before finals.

And I bash them hardly after we won and how I predicted everything right.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I hsve 3 close friends who all fan Bruins. I took with all of them money bets. Damn they were really down after Blues won. They all laugh Blues before finals.

And I bash them hardly after we won and how I predicted everything right.
Your English is getting better.

I can almost understand what you’ve written.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Neither player

Neither player has any kind of history as a dirty player. The head shots were not intentional, and they were penalized. It’s playoff hockey. Whatever anyone said, Thomas was hurt by that Krug hit. It’s playoff hockey.

Teams have been learning how to deal with physicality and churn through 4 rounds to win a Cup every season for ages. That’s simply what it is. Blues have fallen short due to the toll many times. That Sharks team was running on fumes before the series even started. It was entirely predictable that they’d hit the wall, and Game 6 was a valiant effort just to avoid being dominated more decisively. After Game 5, we all knew the outcome.

As for Boston, I just can’t get over Bruin’s fans complaining about physicality played on the edge. I thought that was their MO. It should have been a mutual appreciation club.
My favorite is the hypocrisy. Everyone wishes the good ol days would come back.....they don't like this new "skilled" hockey. Till they watch their team get their ass handed to them.

I watched the Kings and Hawks clown pound the Blues for years with dirty play. No sympathy or apologies from me for the Bruins and Sharks. Funny how the other 2 central teams didn't cry.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Lehtera scores his first goal for SKA St.Petersburg.
I smell a party.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Arioch

Joelhead

Jun 26, 2007
Houston, Texas
Sorry IF my english is so bad. :(
I'm a loooong time lurker. I usuallyhave nothing to contrivute so I say nothing. But I assure you - your English is good. I do not speak any other language and.commend you for speaking a second. Dont worry about the prior post - I cant tell, but I think the previous comment about your English was just goofing around and not ill-intended.

To everyone else: thanks for making these boards a place I can follow closely our Stanley Cup Champs Blues!
And having exceeded my annual post quota of zero I will withdraw back into the Great Unkown for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad