Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
As I mentioned elsewhere, Lightning have one skater older than 31 and that is Coburn who barely played. Just can’t see that paying big money to mid-late 30s Petro gonna end well. He is wonderful now but he has more great seasons behind than ahead of him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
As I mentioned elsewhere, Lightning have one skater older than 31 and that is Coburn who barely played. Just can’t see that paying big money to mid-late 30s Petro gonna end well. He is wonderful now but he has more great seasons behind than ahead of him.
Did you read Dom twitter post about how Pietro would age?

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I thought Corey Perry wouldn't be of much help to Dallas this season. His regular season stats weren't impressive, but it seems he played plenty in the finals and scored some goals.

Pavelski seems have been a good addition for Dallas too at age 36.

I have to say "seems" in both cases because I didn't watch the finals. I had no dog in the fight.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Good grief, the Rangers have 13M tied up in buyouts next season. I can’t quite get my head around that. I have to give Armstrong credit for never getting in those situations.

What a year for Shattenkirk. Bought out, then later lift the Cup as a contributor.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Preds apparently leaning towards buying out Turris. Could they be after Hall? This would give them space to do it and he had his best year under Hynes in NJ.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Good grief, the Rangers have 13M tied up in buyouts next season. I can’t quite get my head around that. I have to give Armstrong credit for never getting in those situations.

What a year for Shattenkirk. Bought out, then later lift the Cup as a contributor.
hqdefault.jpg

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Buying out Shattenkirk is the weird one. As much as he may have struggled in NY, I'm surprised there wasn't a team out there willing to take him at 50%. $3.3m for two years, and less in salary, is a pretty limited risk.

The Lundqvist buyout is fair enough. In other circumstance he probably stays, but when you have Georgiev and Shesterkin then you have to make space for them.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Ok? Why even post this? He has absolutely nothing to do with Shattenkirk, or the Rangers, Rangers buying out Shatty or Hank, or Shatty winning the Cup.
See what what else he was responding to: “I have to give Armstrong credit for never getting in these situations.”

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Boat ride and celebrate for empty stadium. Sit down bench and have farewell speeches. Pretty lame imo.

At least Maroon was shirtless and being like man.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ok? Why even post this? He has absolutely nothing to do with Shattenkirk, or the Rangers, Rangers buying out Shatty or Hank, or Shatty winning the Cup.
Shattery = Faulk. They are pretty damn similar players. They both got overpaid. Limited at defensively and depends on powerplay icetime to produce.

I assume Faulk is needed to buy out to get rid of him. Ofc Army get rid off Lehterä which was even worse player than Faulk in generally. So God I hope Army can find trade on him.

CLAUSE DETAILS: Player submits a 15 team trade list
CLAUSE SOURCE: @LukeDeCock
CONTRACT NOTE: Faulk signed a 7 year contract extension on September 24, 2019 which also included a Full No Trade Clause be added to the final year of his current deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad