Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Do we know how the draft lottery will be conducted tonight? Will it be one ball selected, for instance, with the one selected being the winner? Or, will it be an elimination type selection where the last ball selected is the winner? The latter would be so much more entertaining, but I honestly don’t recall if this is how the NHL normally does it (last ball selected is winner).

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Do we know how the draft lottery will be conducted tonight? Will it be one ball selected, for instance, with the one selected being the winner? Or, will it be an elimination type selection where the last ball selected is the winner? The latter would be so much more entertaining, but I honestly don’t recall if this is how the NHL normally does it (last ball selected is winner).
I think the winning ball will be drawn first and will have the team logo on it.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The only two teams winning the lottery that won't piss me off are the Rangers and Panthers. So there is a 75% chance I'm going to be pissed off tonight. I guess the Wild getting the 1 OA wouldn't be the end of the world, but I have no desire to see a Central foe improved that drastically overnight. The Preds, Penguins, Oilers and Leafs can all f*** off.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Bettman will have a sealed envelope. On live TV he will open it, take out the paper inside, and write down Pittsburgh Penguins.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I actually wouldn’t be upset at all if the Pens or Leafs won it. In fact, I’m hoping it happens to see the rage that ensues.

Would be much better than Nashville, Minnesota or Winnipeg winning.

Reactions: The Note

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I actually wouldn’t be upset at all if the Pens or Leafs won it. In fact, I’m hoping it happens to see the rage that ensues.

Would be much better than Nashville, Minnesota or Winnipeg winning.
Yeah, ship him out east. In fact, him going to Toronto would be electric IMO. Would almost definitely force a big shakeup there -- which may happen regardless, but it would accelerate things.

Reactions: BlueDream

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Yeah, ship him out east. In fact, him going to Toronto would be electric IMO. Would almost definitely force a big shakeup there -- which may happen regardless, but it would accelerate things.
Agreed. It won't be the end of the world for me if Toronto gets it. It will definitely force a move.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
My preferred destination for 1OA:
(1) Edmonton - I want to see how badly they can mismanage a franchise, and how much the hockey world would implode in anger.
(2) Pittsburgh - Montreal would have squandered their best chance at a local savior by winning that series, and Pittsburgh is about due for a superstar to take the reins from their current HOF'ers.
(3) Minnesota - Kaprizov and Alexis Lafrenière would make the Central even more of a blood-bath. Love it.
(4) Panthers - This franchise could use it. They don't deserve it, and would probably still wallow in obscurity and mediocrity for years after winning it...but it's a tolerable outcome.
(5) Jets - Their fans are awesome, so ok.
(6) Toronto - They still wouldn't get out of the 1st round, so whatever.
(7) Rangers - The just got Fox and Kappo and Panarin...any more star power and their fans will be more obnoxious than those of the Leafs.
(8) Nashville - f*** those guys.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
which one is the commissioner?

betmann 2.png betmann.png

Bettman has got to be like, "what am i, some kind of f***ing moron...of course that's the logo of the ..."

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I want somebody to jump out and go "AHA!!! That's NOT the official logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs...I've secretly changed the font! BWAHAHAHA. Gottcha!!"

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Happy with Rags. Like him in East.

Yeah, I think the Rangers and Panthers were the only teams that I wanted to win.

Pittsburgh is my older brother's favorite team, so by default I want them to crash and burn - they can't have nice things.

Toronto would have been somewhat entertaining, because they would continue to try to build up the offence and let the defence remain in shambles... But, then we'd have more Leaf fan BS, and I don't want to deal with it (that shit still happens in person and I live on the opposite side of Canada from Toronto FFS).

I guess of the Western teams from meh to definitely didn't want to see Lafreniere end up there...

Winnipeg
Minnesota
Edmonton
Nashville

Winnipeg, don't want to see a rival get 1st OA in general, but they are worlds ahead of the other fan bases in terms of being less obnoxious. Plus, they're Canadian.

Minnesota, they've been mediocre for so long, giving them some game breaking talent would give them a chance to be something other than a bubble team forever.

Edmonton - needs quality wingers, they legit NEED a Lafreniere type! But, how many #1 picks does a franchise deserve? I'm still salty that they've won 4 draft lotteries in the past decade... Yes, they wiffed on Yakupov, squandered Hall and Eberle, thus only still have McDavid. But 4 f***ing wins and their team still lacks top end talent... Forget it. I can't stand Oilers country as is...

Edited for better readability:
Nashville...

You suck! It's all your fault! Traaaaaassshhhhhh-viiiiillllllllle. Traaaaaassshhhhhh-viiiiillllllllle.
Need I say any more?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Anyone else think that the Preds take Askarov at #11 given Rinne's age and the fact that Saros was pretty meh in the play-in round? Ingram had a good year in the AHL, but you can't really move forward with only two goalies in your system and next season may be Pekka's last.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm happy with the Rangers winning it, they are in the midst of a rebuild and didn't look remotely close to the Canes in their series. Plus he stays out of the Central so that's also a positive.

Reactions: Blueston

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Zibanejad, Panarin, Lafreniere and Kakko is quite a forward core to build around. Just gotta fill out the depth at forward and defense and they’ll be setup about as well as any team in the league.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I used to be a fairly avid Rangers and was the only person in the room rooting for them to win the Cup back in 1994 or whatever year that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad