Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The atmospherics are great actually. It looks like NHL hockey and it sounds like NHL hockey. I’d add, the intensity of the exhibition games are much higher than preseason games.

My enthusiasm for the post-season was already high, but now I think this is going to be awesome.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
I don't know how much of the crappy pumped in crowd noises on NBC i'll be able to take. SportsNet either isn't doing it, or have it super low and it's so much better.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
The only issue I had yesterday was the goal horn/songs for the road team scoring. I hope that’s just an exhibition thing.

Everything else was WAY better than I anticipated when they announced this. The seat covering makes it look like we’re watching an indoor Winter Classic game tbh.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’ll admit I was wrong about this. I didn’t think the NHL would be able to pull it off but from seeing all the services provided in the bubble, they’ve done an amazing job. It’s super cool what’s happening.

I’m pumped to just relax and watch hockey all weekend. And then everyday after that. There’s gonna be multiple games each day and it’s gonna be a lot of fun to follow.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’m the first one in to kick the NHL when they do something dumb or poorly, so it’s only fair to say, they’ve seemingly nailed these bubbles and whole return to play. Obviously it’s still early on and who knows how it’ll ultimately play out but I think they’ve put themselves in as good a position as they can. I’ll admit a big smile came across my face when I saw the full docket of games on tap today.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This Canes vs. Rangers game has been a great opener for the 2020 playoffs, drama, intensity, and two teams playing hard right off the hop!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Weren’t people raving about how much energy the Oilers had against the Flames when complaining how flat the Blues looked?

Yeah... this is why you can’t make any assumptions yet. Edmonton looks like garbage and this game actually matters.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Why did the Oilers start Jake Allen in net?
For all our frustrations with Allen, I'd take him in net over Smith anytime!

That being while Smith hasn't been good, the rest of the Oilers failed to show up except when on the PP.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I never understood the fear against the Oilers. They definitely improved over the offseason from a coaching and depth perspective. But they're about 2 years, at least, from being a team I think will compete for the cup.

That defense, bottom-6, and goaltending will need to improve.

Reactions: brokeu91 and mk80

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I think the Oilers are a logical destination for Allen. Smith is toast and they shouldn’t trust Koskinen.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Hawks won’t exactly be going away. They have some legitimate young talent.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
For all our frustrations with Allen, I'd take him in net over Smith anytime!

That being while Smith hasn't been good, the rest of the Oilers failed to show up except when on the PP.
Agreed. But he looks today like Allen when he struggles. Dumb mistakes, lunging at puck, etc..

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Kubalik is a huge find for Chicago. He and Dach make that team dangerous. Toews, Kane, Debrincat, Saad, Kubalik, Dach, Strome...that's way deeper than the Oilers offense. Both teams have questionable defense and goaltending, though I'd rather have Crawford than Smith. Oilers got a lousy match-up and might have a short playoff stay if they can't tighten up the defense. If either of these teams with the 1st overall pick in the draft they're going to be trouble.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Kubalik is a huge find for Chicago. He and Dach make that team dangerous. Toews, Kane, Debrincat, Saad, Kubalik, Dach, Strome...that's way deeper than the Oilers offense. Both teams have questionable defense and goaltending, though I'd rather have Crawford than Smith. Oilers got a lousy match-up and might have a short playoff stay if they can't tighten up the defense. If either of these teams with the 1st overall pick in the draft they're going to be trouble.
And DeBrincat had a terrible year this past year too. If he’s more of the player he was the year before...lookout.

Also, as of right now it kinda sucks knowing we passed on DeBrincat when he was sitting right there....but Kyrou still has time to prove he was a good enough choice

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
And DeBrincat had a terrible year this past year too. If he’s more of the player he was the year before...lookout.

Also, as of right now it kinda sucks knowing we passed on DeBrincat when he was sitting right there....but Kyrou still has time to prove he was a good enough choice
I think Kyrou will pan out, the problem right now is he hasn't been able to work his way onto the NHL roster consistently, but that's not a knock on him. I would have liked seeing him instead of Brouwer the other day, but oh well.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I think Kyrou will pan out, the problem right now is he hasn't been able to work his way onto the NHL roster consistently, but that's not a knock on him. I would have liked seeing him instead of Brouwer the other day, but oh well.
Right. I don’t wanna seem like I’m down on Kyrou. I think next year will be a telling year for him.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Part of me wants Montreal to win this series just so they can't get Lafreniere. That's the only reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad