Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I don’t recognize this universe. The Blues are the defending Cup champs and in 1st place. The Sharks suck. Chicago sucks. Detroit sucks. It’s Christmas vacation. Life is good.

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-23_22-45-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-23_22-45-47.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
In case anyone out there was in need of a pre-Christmas pick me up, the Devils gave up the first goal in Chicago tonight and then proceeded to put a touchdown on them, and were even kind enough to kick the extra point.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
In case anyone out there was in need of a pre-Christmas pick me up, the Devils gave up the first goal in Chicago tonight and then proceeded to put a touchdown on them, and were even kind enough to kick the extra point.
I don't know what I'm more surprised at in this point in time, the Devils winning or Jack Hughes scoring a 5-on-5 goal.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's hilarious to see Hawk fans defending this and the Hossa situation. One of them literally said that the Hawks just have bad luck with legit injuries like this. I had to wipe my computer screen off after I spit coffee all over it laughing.

Reactions: BlueMed

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Almost everyone that has played in the NHL for over a decade is going to have a medical condition that you could twist into being career ending if you wanted to be the scum of the league like the Hawks. Think the Blues don’t want to get out of the Steen contract? Bruins out of the Backes deal? There are dozens of these contracts league wide that teams either deal with, trade, or buy out. Only the Hawks do this shady, under the table “medical condition” shit when it’s most beneficial. It’s absolute garbage.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Isn’t there some kind of punishment short of suspension that can be done? It feels like these days it’s always the nuclear option, even when the crimes feel more foolishness than maliciousness.
Yeah, it is a bit of overkill. It is the arrogance that bothers more than the actual content. What Roenick said was without question inappropriate, but still relatively innoccuous. It is the arrogance that makes him think that he can just run his mouth off whenever he wants. The same arrogance that makes him think anyone wants to listen to his drivel. Guess what Jeremy, you can't just open your mouth and spew without repercussions. Anyway, he always came across to me as an arrogant, entitled jerk. I think it looks good on him.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Isn’t there some kind of punishment short of suspension that can be done? It feels like these days it’s always the nuclear option, even when the crimes feel more foolishness than maliciousness.

It depends. If either Sharp or Tappen were made to feel uncomfortable because of his flippant remarks, he 100% deserves a suspension. His wife is friends with Tippen, so they hang out on their personal time. He was a teammate with Sharp, so they might have joked around like that as well. So they may well be perfectly fine with those kind of jokes. In that case, if it is something he KNOWS she is fine with him saying, than you can give him a pass. But if it makes her uncomfortable, that isn't right because she still has to work with him. There rightfully should be zero tolerance for sexual references about colleagues in today's society.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It's hilarious to see Hawk fans defending this and the Hossa situation. One of them literally said that the Hawks just have bad luck with legit injuries like this. I had to wipe my computer screen off after I spit coffee all over it laughing.

Have they made the announcement about what the condition is yet or how long he will be out? I'd wait until something concrete comes out before knocking whatever it is. Apologies if they actually announced what it is that's keeping him out

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Have they made the announcement about what the condition is yet or how long he will be out? I'd wait until something concrete comes out before knocking whatever it is. Apologies if they actually announced what it is that's keeping him out
Announcing they he’s going for diagnostics seems like a pretty odd move, unless you are doing pre-emptive PR before later announcing some diagnosis. At this point I’ll be shocked if he isn’t placed on LTIR at the end of this.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Announcing they he’s going for diagnostics seems like a pretty odd move, unless you are doing pre-emptive PR before later announcing some diagnosis. At this point I’ll be shocked if he isn’t placed on LTIR at the end of this.

I don't think it was a press release or anything. The article I read indicated Bowman said something before a game. It was probably based on a question from the press since he had already missed 4 games with no on-ice incident to point to. I understand the skepticism from non-Hawks fans because they have done this before with a bad contract. At the end of the day though, Seabrook is still a human being. However much I hate him as a hockey player, I hope for his sake that this is nothing serious. The Hawks faking an injury to manufacture cap space is preferable to him having a disease or condition that will shorten or diminish the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad