OT: Around the NHL: Congrats to Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Meier Ready To Take The Plunge?
Kevin Weekes saying that Meier will be signing an extension with NJD for 8 years, at $8.5m AAV
Source: Kevin Weekes

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
·
42s
Just something to keep an eye on: believe Boston and Chicago are discussing possibilities that could benefit the Blackhawks and ease the Bruins’ cap situation. We will see where it goes.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The retention is the crazy part, WTF is GM Trotz thinking I wonder...

Yeah, it’s just shocking in that, you’d think “RyJo” for 2 years at 4M for nothing, with the Preds making the deal possible via retention, would probably garner some kind of asset.

Like, not to beat a dead horse to death, but if Sakic had paid for Ryjo, what Hextall paid for Granlund, that would’ve been an understandable price.

Killer trade for the Avs imo
Yeah, if he regresses back to his mean at all, and stays fit, they have solved their 2C price for the low price of bupkis.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Hall to Chicago would just be absolutely tragic.

What a waste of a serviceable player. After he took a relatively sweetheart deal to be on a contender, and accepted a reduced role for the good of the team. The guy gets kicked back to the bottom of the league, after he has been passed around by lottery teams like huffers with a paper bag.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hall to Chicago would just be absolutely tragic.

What a waste of a serviceable player. After he took a relatively sweetheart deal to be on a contender, and accepted a reduced role for the good of the team. The guy gets kicked back to the bottom of the league, after he has been passed around by lottery teams like huffers with a paper bag.

Apparently he didn't have them on his list according to Chris Johnston.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Apparently he didn't have them on his list according to Chris Johnston.
Yeah, I saw that in the trade board thread. That's just....shocking, especially so for a 31 year old with a history of playing for lousy teams. But maybe after Edmonton and Jersey he's just willing to accept a big city

Again, if this winds up being for a nothing return, I'll be flabbergasted. I know he has that NTC and all, but if Boston had put word out on the street that he was available for next to nothing, a club like Seattle or LA wouldnt have gone "we can get you a pick or a good cheap asset for him"? Same thing as the Johanssen situation. If Trotz put it out there that he was available at 4M I'm sure someone would've offered positive value for him.

Instead, he has to just be sent to the landfill so Chicago can launder him at the TDL. Part of my annoyance is thinking that he would be a good fit here if we could dump Grandlund's money.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad