OT: Around the NHL - Conference Finals N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I don't see Vegas losing to anybody right now. They seem to me to be a bulldozer like the 2016 Pens.

They could always start playing like crap, but nobody is beating them if they continue to play as well as they have.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That's another goal that cup winning teams get stops on.

I originally called the Penguins the biggest paper tiger in the playoffs, I'm going to take that back. The Penguins had an ass defense on paper and it caught up to them in the playoffs. The Lightning have a stacked D on paper, and it's playing like crap right now. They're also struggling to score just like the Penguins offense struggled, while their offense on paper is just as good.
If it wasn't for the tampa power play this series may have been a sweep. Penguins played far better against the caps than the lightning could only dream of.
They stunk this series up bad.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The Vegas run could be considered somewhat comparable to the Kings’ run in 2012 I think it was? A team no one expected just Dominates everyone out of nowhere behind a hot goalie.

But I just feel the Ovechkin factor and the fact this team has been due for so long...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Looks like Paquette went for the hit after he saw Orpik turn. That should be boarding/hitting from behind.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Either Tampa is going to pull this out in dramatic fashion and the entire Caps fan base is going to pull a shocked Ovi, or the Caps hang on and then I will be forced to root for them because Vegas is a bunch of young whippersnappers who havent done their time in the league and need to suffer before being good.

Just kidding, go Vegas.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Still maintain that nobody who was coming out of the east, including us, is going to be ready for Vegas if Vegas plays like Vegas.

Showing up for the cup final games feels like a formality for them at this point. It’s theirs.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And i'll say it again. Caps are the most opportunistic team that I can remember. Tampa 2016 and Ottawa 2017 were both dangerous, but I give the nod to Washington.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Washington and Vegas killing teams on line changes this year.

Tampa so underwhelming for an elite team. They didn’t play a good game this series.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Still maintain that nobody who was coming out of the east, including us, is going to be ready for Vegas if Vegas plays like Vegas.

Showing up for the cup final games feels like a formality for them at this point. It’s theirs.

And what better team to lose to them than the Caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad