OT: Around the NHL - Conference Finals N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Vegas still has some of its own things it needs to figure out in the finals. They can't be relying on Fleury putting up a .950 save% to win a series, they have to be getting some better depth scoring. Their top-6 is producing pretty well, but they need to be getting more from Eakin's line and Bellemare's line. They're chipping in timely goals (like that Reaves goal), but they need to be more consistent in producing.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I mean personally I figured this was over the moment Ovechkin scored but if this series of events since doesn’t have you convinced...

Look on the bright side, it’ll make for a more interesting final with more rooting interest for some of us at least right?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
And i'll say it again. Caps are the most opportunistic team that I can remember. Tampa 2016 and Ottawa 2017 were both dangerous, but I give the nod to Washington.

Really? It's 2017 Pens AINEC. We won a Cup last year by getting outplayed constantly but scoring on our chances

Reactions: ColePens

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I mean personally I figured this was over the moment Ovechkin scored but if this series of events since doesn’t have you convinced...

Look on the bright side, it’ll make for a more interesting final with more rooting interest for some of us at least right?
No, it makes me want to watch less. Probably won't catch much of it. Can't stand that org.

Reactions: domaug

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
one thing I noticed Caps were doing to us and now to Tampa, they never rushed their changes, somehow whenever the opponent changes, they had forward on the opposite side always totally uncovered, and they rarely dump the puck to no one to change, they hold onto the puck and wait for their change, that really created many odd man and one on one rushes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Vegas still has some of its own things it needs to figure out in the finals. They can't be relying on Fleury putting up a .950 save% to win a series, they have to be getting some better depth scoring. Their top-6 is producing pretty well, but they need to be getting more from Eakin's line and Bellemare's line. They're chipping in timely goals (like that Reaves goal), but they need to be more consistent in producing.

The Knights having home ice in the finals is huge for their chances. They're so good there.

Washington has been good on the road this playoffs but good luck in Vegas. The Knights are the one team this playoffs that truly takes advantage of home ice.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
one thing hopefully will make difference Vegas' players may be as hungry as Caps, they may skate and really push as hard, tampa barely skated entire series

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
LOL@ that caps fan going for high fives to the lightning as they go to the locker room.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Could be a bad acid trip.

It would be SO Capitals to lose it from here. I think beating us and having less expectations will let them pull it out though. There aren't going to be any penalties called no matter how many guys they headlock and they're good in front of their own net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad