OT: Around the NHL: Cernak for Conn Smythe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Can't believe Letang finished 9th in voting for Norris. :laugh: I know he was a tier behind Fox and Makar, but I thought Letang and McAvoy were pretty neck and neck rounding out the top-4.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Wow, good for Fleury! I still think he’ll turn back into a pumpkin if he gets traded here, but his late-career resurgence is genuinely impressive and motivational.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Seravelli is no longer with TSN? Everyone is leaving that network huh.

He’s with Daily Faceoff now.

Will the next TSN Free Agent Frenzy be about them trying to get employees? Lol

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
And we blew a 3-1 lead just like Toronto did. Nobody tried to say we were a fish out of water after it.

Because a) they had already won a Cup and b) lost to a top ten squad in the league. Meanwhile, the Leafs have yet to win a Cup - let alone win a round. So yes, they are going to be ridiculed when they blow a 3-1 series lead to a team that finished 18th in the league.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Marc-Andre Fleury is your 2021 Vezina Trophy winner

giphy.gif

Reactions: BHD

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still find it hilarious that there are Penguins fans that are still venomously opposed to re-acquiring Fleury. The dude is now a Vezina winner and a lock for the HHoF, but people here don't want him because he has a history of blunders in the playoffs. As if this team, who has lost in the 1st round for 3 straight years, is somehow anywhere close to a cup contender :laugh:

Fleury has made 5 cup finals appearances over his career. That's probably more series that Tristan Jarry will ever have as a starting goalie in the playoffs.

And to add, I also have no clue why there's such a large portion of hockey fans who try to downplay his results. The dude has won literally every reasonable award that can be expected out of a HoF goalie.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I still find it hilarious that there are Penguins fans that are still venomously opposed to re-acquiring Fleury. The dude is now a Vezina winner and a lock for the HHoF, but people here don't want him because he has a history of blunders in the playoffs. As if this team, who has lost in the 1st round for 3 straight years, is somehow anywhere close to a cup contender :laugh:

Fleury has made 5 cup finals appearances over his career. That's probably more series that Tristan Jarry will ever have as a starting goalie in the playoffs.

And to add, I also have no clue why there's such a large portion of hockey fans who try to downplay his results. The dude has won literally every reasonable award that can be expected out of a HoF goalie.

He deserves a lot of credit for becoming a very consistent goalie after 2013. Most goalies would be toast after implosions like that.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean, he literally just lost his job for the 4th time in his last 6 playoffs, but yeah sure.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And yet that's still better than what the Penguins currently have.

I’m not really sure about that. But, whatever if we get Fleury for nothing I won’t be upset.

It’ll be pretty funny when he implodes and people blame Malkin and Letang tho.

I’ve honestly wondered what happens this playoffs if we have MAF and he imploded and we went to Jarry what happens.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Vezina Winner for 2021 Season*

I’ve honestly wondered what happens this playoffs if we have MAF and he imploded and we went to Jarry what happens.

I think they're still playing Mario Golf, instead.

Jarry had benefit of the doubt the prior fake season. He proved he's not capable this fake season. Was hoping for a rebound (no pun intended, for once) but he just cemented he isn't able.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016

But the team probably isn't a Fleury away from being a Cup contender, so I don't get the logic here. If the team's goal is to make the second round, then yes, Fleury would be an improvement over Jarry this year. But so would many goalies.

If the Penguins want to bring Fleury back, I wouldn't find it a baffling decision or be upset about it, but I don't really understand why people clamor for it other than for nostalgic purposes.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC

Why are you acting like Jarry and Fleury are the only options lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad