OT: Around the NHL: Cernak for Conn Smythe

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sullivan would put Ovechkin on L4

"As a group, we feel that Alex just needed access to more training. We will work him into the lineup and see where he fits in our overall strategy when he has had a chance to acclimatize to the North American game. We look forward to providing the opportunity and growth, so, he will start on the fourth line."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
"As a group, we feel that Alex just needed access to more training. We will work him into the lineup and see where he fits in our overall strategy when he has had a chance to acclimatize to the North American game. We look forward to providing the opportunity and growth, so, he will start on the fourth line."
You were so dead on I f***ing hate you for doing that so well and accurate.

giphy.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Such a boring off season so far.

JR should be allowed to run multiple teams at once to bring excitement to the league via trades.

Heard he is trying to trade for McCann again, he says that since he was moved to a second team, he should be able to trade back within a calendar year. Also, his kungpao chicken was cold.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Heard he is trying to trade for McCann again, he says that since he was moved to a second team, he should be able to trade back within a calendar year. Also, his kungpao chicken was cold.

Those are lies, I subscribe to his Onlyfans and it's mostly him in a white tank top with grease stains of no origin, he stares into the camera hours on end breathing heavily, I guess that ASMR stuff or what not.

I still like JR. I can't fault a bloke that manages like he's sitting on a hot plate. He's been doing this for longer than most of this fan base has been alive, blokes around the league know what he's about and he netted us 2 cups. I'd like to see him back with a real project team and see what he can really do. Like Arizona, Columbus when the ownership there finally realizes "Oh shit, we own a hockey club" and fire Jarmo, or possibly one of the vacancies left from the Chicago assholes that should all be banned from hockey for life - Winnipeg, f*** the Habs, or Hawks.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Still got Eichel and Kuznetsov coming I imagine.
I imagine Kuznetsov will be quite shocked when his trade finally lands...

tenor.gif

I still hold out hope that Hextall can somehow make the Eichel thing happen in my fantasy land of this team landing a young C that can really take over when Sid and Geno are likely stuck together on 1 line as they age.

I don't think Hextall has pulled a big move like that. Or a big move period. His biggest are what, the RJ Umberger one and the Timonen one maybe? That RJ one turned into a disaster and none of the other deals were really anything to write home about. If he's going to make a big move finally, it'll be with the Pens it seems. He lucked into the Brayden Schenn one by grabbing Farabee at least to not make it a disaster and the jury is still out on Frost.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The good thing to come from it if he agrees...we would not qualify ZAR!
I really hope they don't keep ZAR. Yohe or Rossi or whichever one of those muppets went on about how ZAR is the player worth keeping at the moment after losing Tanev because he's young and blah blah blah...

He sucks. He had 1 season where he looked great and then has been back to his mediocre 4th line self. He belongs with Lafferty on the find a new team list.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
how many white centers in the nba? just asking i don't watch.

Considering C is the most important position in hockey, perhaps Center in bball isn't the most apt comparison. I'd say shooting guard...and I couldn't answer that myself since I don't follow NBA

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Considering C is the most important position in hockey, perhaps Center in bball isn't the most apt comparison. I'd say shooting guard...and I couldn't answer that myself since I don't follow NBA
I'd argue:

Goaltending
Top pairing D
Centers
2nd and 3rd pair D
Wingers

We saw what happened in the Isles series with a goalie collapse and when Sorokin stood on his head.
Top pairing D log way more minutes and are more influential than Forwards imo..at least on average.

We won the division with Letang playing some of the cleanest hockey of his career, and being healthy. Dumoulin returned to form as well.
Sid had a down year (for him). He relied on empty net production a lot.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'd argue:

Goaltending
Top pairing D
Centers
2nd and 3rd pair D
Wingers

We saw what happened in the Isles series with a goalie collapse and when Sorokin stood on his head.
Top pairing D log way more minutes and are more influential than Forwards imo..at least on average.

We won the division with Letang playing some of the cleanest hockey of his career, and being healthy. Dumoulin returned to form as well.
Sid had a down year (for him). He relied on empty net production a lot.

If goaltending and top pairing D is how you win championships how did Nashville lose to us?

And how did we win with Ron Hainsey as our top pairing D and two goalies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad