OT: Around the NHL: Avs title defense starts now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't think that's a good thing to bring back, no. :laugh: In fact, I think it shows that the coach is pretty f***ing weak.
I think they are. I don't think any coach has ever stood up to the big 3 and told them that this PP scheme they like doesn't work. The issue is if any coach changes anything PP related all 3 of them are like fish out of water.

Many coaches have come through and nothing has ever changed. I don't think I'm saying anything earth shattering here.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Nah, we've definitely changed the PP more than that over the years, it's just that (and I agree here) we tend to get in a rut and not change anything for a season or two on end until the GM trades a player and then we're forced to. At least, that's what happened up until we traded Hornqvist and then we just... plugged Jake in there?

Maybe it's Sid and Geno and Letang calling the shots, but at the end of the day the coach signs off on it, and if he's NOT cool with it, but doesn't have the room's respect enough to change it, then he's a weak coach who's in the process of being tuned out, no?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I got bored so I checked: Of the 17 games Shesterkin's played so far this season, 8 have been at .900 sv% or below. Of the 73 games (including playoffs) he played last season, he had 16 such games.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Maybe it's Sid and Geno and Letang calling the shots,
As a general rule, the methods the team use to generate offense are decided on by the players, so yes, this would be the case,
but at the end of the day the coach signs off on it,
I suppose a 'hands off' policy on the team's offense is technically signing off on it.
and if he's NOT cool with it, but doesn't have the room's respect enough to change it, then he's a weak coach who's in the process of being tuned out, no?
No, it means that once the team's structure is given to the players, it's up to the players to figure out how to make the offense work.

The nice thing about competing with so many teams for a playoff spot is that they have to play each other. It was nice of the Rangers and Red Wings to lose in regulation last night. If we beat the Hurricanes in regulation tonight, we'll pass both them and the Red Wings in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad