Around The NHL #8 - A Skate On The Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
To be fair, this could be about us too.

Rebuild usually means selling off assets for picks or prospects. We don't have any legitimate superstars, Edmonton has two. I would not be opposed to moving any Coyote if the return was equitable, but the Oilers would be crazy to hastily dump McDavid or Draisaitl.

Reactions: Summer Rose

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So after all the fuss Edmonton won the same number of playoff games as Arizona.
I'd still much much much rather be trying to figure it out with McDavid on the roster than where we are. That is still a pretty good roster imo. Just needs some tweaks and probably a coaching change to a more modern style.

The Jets played their asses off. That kind of intense defence that consistently was impressive. Yeah, they don't have a McDavid but their roster is pretty damn good too. Hats off to them for a great series.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'd still much much much rather be trying to figure it out with McDavid on the roster than where we are. That is still a pretty good roster imo. Just needs some tweaks and probably a coaching change to a more modern style.

The Jets played their asses off. That kind of intense defence that consistently was impressive. Yeah, they don't have a McDavid but their roster is pretty damn good too. Hats off to them for a great series.

Right. If you could do a complete roster swap with Edmonton...would you? Abso-f***ing-lutely.

Reactions: RemoAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012

It was closer then the 4-0 sweep for sure. The Jets have a deeper team and it paid off for them but it is still a game of mistakes, you just can't make them. In game 3 Mcworld had a key turnover that lead to a goal and last night his chip in got picked off and lead to the final goal. If it were any other player, he would be roasted for that. I still think they could get 3 good players for Drai which would make them a better team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Rebuild usually means selling off assets for picks or prospects. We don't have any legitimate superstars, Edmonton has two. I would not be opposed to moving any Coyote if the return was equitable, but the Oilers would be crazy to hastily dump McDavid or Draisaitl.
They won't.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

What they really need is a team, instead of Drai, McJesus, Nurse, and RNH and then a bunch of Tippett's Best Buddy Benchfillers. If your strategy is to octuple-shift 97 and wear out your best players endlessly, then you're not gonna go very far in a playoff where your opponents can roll all four lines at you.

I tell you, if it wasn't for Blake Wheeler existing and the bulk of their online fanbase wanting to kill hockey in Arizona and salt the earth afterward, I'd definitely be on board the Jets' bandwagon. I'd like to see them have a deep run, for no other reason than to honor Ducky.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The Oilers will continue to build around McDavid and Drai. They won't change coaches for next year, but DT will have to not only get them into the playoffs but win a couple of rounds.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So there is a decent shot Mike Smith has to retire this summer with no Cup ring.

How sad :)
Smith is a very competitive person, and a good goalie, even at his age. If we had Smith this year we may have made the playoffs. Our goalies, who were suppose to be an area of strength, was an area of shit.

Reactions: cobra427

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Jets complete the sweep. Holy cow. Oilers fans have got to be absolutely melting down.
I8l80n.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad