Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So the one problem with the bubble is that, if an earlier game goes to multiple OTs, since the next game isn't in another city........

...we can get delays...bigguns...

For those who like chaos, this is great. That it might happen at the same site 2 days in a row, as BOS-CAR now has to go to an OT2...if I was Montreal or Philly, there's an increasing chance my game gets delayed a day now, too. crazy.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Then why wasn't Sullivan fired?

42b7e8e5f53796d996a28e341c3694b5.jpeg

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I think Wenneberg has been one of Columbus's most consistent forwards since the start of the bubble. I'd still love to have him as a defensively minded high end 3c/low end 2c centering Keller and someone else but I think his value has gone up since the resume of the season.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
I like the tournament feeling of this playoffs. Think the NHL did a great job to rescue this corona season. You cant have everything, they cant solve all problems, but inlike the most ideas and Hockey without fans is way better than soccer.

The only thing they had to change is the overtime system. I dont like this sudden death crap at all, but in This situation only one regular OT could help or the shootout has to decide. Its an no go for the following teams.

Reactions: Mangosteen

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I think Wenneberg has been one of Columbus's most consistent forwards since the start of the bubble. I'd still love to have him as a defensively minded high end 3c/low end 2c centering Keller and someone else but I think his value has gone up since the resume of the season.

Wennberg is a one of those centers worth chancing on. These boards (not me particularly) talked a lot about him as a potential target last year, in various occasions, and it is nice that he is showing something in these playoffs, in the uncompromising, full on, Tortorella way of playing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Toby Rieder with his second shorty of the playoffs. Looks like vintage Rieder.
Maybe he's finally healthy Nd his acceleration is back. Good for him. Still traded him for the only reason we made the playoffs, so there's that.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Growing murmurs that maybe Montreal trades Domi. Friedman connected his name to Pittsburgh. They were interested before, plus Tie and Mario are buddies. Seems this is all stemming from Max getting little usage in playoffs.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Growing murmurs that maybe Montreal trades Domi. Friedman connected his name to Pittsburgh. They were interested before, plus Tie and Mario are buddies. Seems this is all stemming from Max getting little usage in playoffs.

Strange for these rumors to happen during a playoff. Max had 3 assists today BTW.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He had 3 points today.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dumb thought, but does a weighted ball help or hurt chances in this?

To me, a weighted ball either does everything it is supposed to do, or nothing it is supposed to do.

The reason why it does nothing it is supposed to do: the weight of the ball means that airflow is not raising the ping pong ball "up," unless the air pressure is turned up high enough. To me, that would mean that the heavier ball would sink closer to the bottom, and the ball is pulled up through suction force - this would mean that a different ball would be above the Rangers ball, and with less weight, this would make it easier for a different ball to be pulled.

However, the weight of a ping ping ball is also a direct factor in aligning the ball to go up the middle. Air flow and the combination of bouncing balls will move them around more. However, a weighted ball has two guarantees: #1, when air flow brings other ping pong balls near the weighted ball, the lighter balls will get bounced further away, as a result of having less mass. This means the weighted ball is less likely to stray far from the middle. #2, air flow in this case, is actually a good thing, because for a round, weighted object that still has enough pressure created on it for the object to rise - it will probably allow it to rise in a more controlled fashion as chaos goes on around it.

Sounds like one of these things that should be done as a Sports Mythbusters type of thing.

mid the Nhl was going to fix a lottery they would have done it with McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad