Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yotes only compete against the Cards for a couple of months...their season usually ends in December. :eyeroll:

I'm not talking attendance. TV and sports talk but you're right. It's not that long but being solely against baseball all summer could be a boost for the popularity of the sport. A winter sport during the summer could be weird for people though and wearing my jersey for happy hour before the game would be murder.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Buffalo cans GM Jason Botterill

Senior Vice President of Business Administration Kevyn Adams has been named General Manager

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just have them miss the playoffs for the 10th year in a row and he'll ask out.
He just completed his fifth season with the Sabres. He's now on his 3rd GM, and 3rd Head Coach. LOOOOL. He as drafted in 2015 FFS - and Tim Murray JUST took over as GM in 2014. Hahaha. Four GMs in six years. The Coyotes have had five GMs in their history. Bobby Smith, Cliff Fletcher, Mike Barnett, Don Maloney, and John Chayka. That's in 24 years. Haha.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
He just completed his fifth season with the Sabres. He's now on his 3rd GM, and 3rd Head Coach. LOOOOL. He as drafted in 2015 FFS - and Tim Murray JUST took over as GM in 2014. Hahaha. Four GMs in six years. The Coyotes have had five GMs in their history. Bobby Smith, Cliff Fletcher, Mike Barnett, Don Maloney, and John Chayka. That's in 24 years. Haha.
If you combine Fletcher and Barnett as one, your order of GM's is from best to worst.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He will be on the NHL network in a year, just like Brian Lawton.
Who? Botterill? He was very highly regarded before he stepped into the cesspit, right? He may get another kick at the can and be successful. Not unlike how skilled players come here to struggle and then have success elsewhere like Domi, Duclair and Strome.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There are now three GMs on Buffalo’s payroll. Today was a good, much needed house cleaning but they should have brought in a GM from outside. I’d have probably fired Krueger too and let the new GM figure that out.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There are now three GMs on Buffalo’s payroll. Today was a good, much needed house cleaning but they should have brought in a GM from outside. I’d have probably fired Krueger too and let the new GM figure that out.
No chance Eichel or Kim were firing Krueger!!!

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

They had three head coaches on the bench a couple of years ago. This seems normal for them.

Last edited:

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Who? Botterill? He was very highly regarded before he stepped into the cesspit, right? He may get another kick at the can and be successful. Not unlike how skilled players come here to struggle and then have success elsewhere like Domi, Duclair and Strome.
Adams.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Friedman is reporting three TB Lightning players and two staffers have tested positive and their Phase 2 workouts have been shut down.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Friedman is reporting three TB Lightning players and two staffers have tested positive and their Phase 2 workouts have been shut down.

Odds that this playoff thing never happens? Very high I'd say.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Odds that this playoff thing never happens? Very high I'd say.
They don't have the cojones to play in the current environment, and the hysteria isn't going to fade anytime soon, it appears. It'd be better to just cancel it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Auston Matthews tested positive for COVID-19, and the Toronto Sun report on it mentions that several Arizona Coyotes players are also COVID-positive.

But sure, fellas! Let's just keep the bars open in Scottsdale!

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I am wondering why the NHl did not consider having the whole stuff in europe.
Get them into a few mountain towns in Switzerland or have them stay in rural czech and let them play in arenas in germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad