Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Yeah they were our first ever rival and kind of the barometer of our success for so long. I’ll forever dislike them and the Sharks because of those playoff series back in the day. The Red Wings also have fans who say things like “the Red Wings winning is good for hockey” which I find incredibly obnoxious too.
Seems like they had a guy that would always keep Shea Weber from wining the Norris is one reason. But boy did Shea do a beat down on Zetterburg against the boards. That was a thing of beauty!

Reactions: hockey diva

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The crazy thing is there's a strong possibility that the 2012-2013 lockout and the 2 covid shortened seasons cause him to not make it. He would have approximately 44 more goals based on his scoring pace had those seasons been full seasons.
But Gretzky also didn't get to count his 46 WHL goals, did he? So it's a bit of a wash

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Have you seen the Perds?
Even if we go 3-8-0, worse than the 5-10-0 stretch percentage wise, we will have 94 points. Blues would have to go 8-3-0

And if we go 5-6-0 they would have to 10-1-0.

Not completely unpossible, but extremely nonlikely

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Even if we go 3-8-0, worse than the 5-10-0 stretch percentage wise, we will have 94 points. Blues would have to go 8-3-0

And if we go 5-6-0 they would have to 10-1-0.

Not completely unpossible, but extremely nonlikely

As full as I am of brown Kentucky juice right now ... we can still Perd this up. It is unlikely, but we've done unlikely before.

I've stated for months that this is a bubble team ... and this team is currently at the top of that bubble. Still, we did start 5-10-0 and that means we can suck for a prolonged period. Now to avoid that, get into the post season, and see what the hell happens.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Penguins blow a 4-0 lead to Colorado and lose in OT. Hate to see it. Hope they suck for at least a decade.

Reactions: Viqsi

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Interesting situation today and tomorrow.

STL plays VGK today
NSH plays VGK tomorrow

So if STL takes care of business in regulation tonight, and if the Preds can take care of VGK on the back end of a roadie B2B, then we're going to be putting STL 2 points back and in a good spot to knock out Vegas. The tie breaker is really close there too.

I hate rooting for STL but I'd love for Vegas to get bounced.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Top seven teams in the league are all within a point of each other right now which is pretty wild. The unfortunate thing is we're pretty much guaranteed to play one of those teams in the first round. These playoffs are setting up to be pretty interesting. A lot of very good teams this year and no clear favorite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad